Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rutgers students smear fake blood on themselves to protest Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopou Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...SOjJNo.twitter

Further proof that Feminism and SJW are transforming into evil and bigoted harpies.

Poor Milo.

Freedom of speech is being destroyed by the Regressive Left.

ReputationRep:
    One word: Degenercy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    Agreed.

Political correctness and the absurd amount of Social Justice are curtailing freedom of speech.

All Milo said is that people should be allowed to confront other views...

(Original post by harinimnida)
    one not word.

ReputationRep:
    Time of the month?

ReputationRep:
    Vile anti free speech harpies.

ReputationRep:
    Yiannopoulos finished his talk after the protesters left, in what way was his "freedom of speech" denied? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from that speech being protested, you know?

ReputationRep:
    It's quite funny actually, while the left complains about everything wrong about Europe and the US it has done nothing to support actual libertarian politics in say, Kurdistan where there is currently an interesting experiment in direct democracy taking place.

They are nothing more than attention seeking children.

ReputationRep:
    At least they didn't pull the fire alarm which seems to be a common tactic for many SJW protests.
    I'm begining to think they have a thing for firemen in uniform.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what the problem is. They call their fellow students and especially the university not to support this clown and the ridiculous website he works for. They didn't bring the force of the state on him. They didn't censor him. They didn't force other students to join them.

If Kent Hovind was giving a lecture at my uni, I'd be greatly disappointed and probably ask the uni not to invite him again. Milo's similar.

ReputationRep:
    If you want the patriarchy to take you seriously, smearing fake blood on yourself whilst chanting mental **** is a good way to go about it. 9/10 would emancipate again.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a curtailment of freedom of speech. In fact their protest was an expression of freedom of speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FauxIntellectual)
    I don't understand what the problem is. They call their fellow students and especially the university not to support this clown and the ridiculous website he works for.
    Not only did they create extra unnecessary work for the cleaning staff, they also just made themselves look like idiots. Did they have any to actually say?

They pulled the stunt right before the Q&A session, where they could have raised their undoubtably well thought out arguments and points, and engaged Milo directly. But no. They knew that they'd stand no chance, as they are idiots with no substance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)

They pulled the stunt right before the Q&A session, where they could have raised their undoubtably well thought out arguments and points, and engaged Milo directly. But no. They knew that they'd stand no chance, as they are idiots with no substance
    Exactly. This is why they rarely engage preferring to attempt to shout down.

ReputationRep:
    Video taken from the event showed the protesters smearing fake blood all over themselves. They then started chanting “Black lives matter” and Yiannopoulossupporters countered by chanting “Trump.”

I would like to see this in the House of Commons

I don’t know why you are all so obsessed with this Milo chap all of a sudden, I suppose I would be on his "side" but he does sound quite detestable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    done nothing to support actual libertarian politics in say, Kurdistan where there is currently an interesting experiment in direct democracy taking place.
    What do you mean?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Yiannopoulos finished his talk after the protesters left, in what way was his "freedom of speech" denied? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from that speech being protested, you know?
    (Original post by Quantex)
    This isn't a curtailment of freedom of speech. In fact their protest was an expression of freedom of speech.
    One of the people quoted in the article said that the university shouldn't invite people like him in the first place.

" “[Rutgers groups] should not be inviting anyone like [Mr. Yiannopoulos] because what we stand for is inclusion and diversity,” she said. “If a speaker makes someone feel unsafe or uncomfortable, then they should not come to campus.” "

It's not a free speech issue yet, because he went ahead with his speech as planned, and of course protesting is part of free speech. But there seems to be a dangerous attitude towards free speech among some of the protesters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Obviously, but it was ****ing childish of them to behave like animals. I think a protest is supposed to actually protest people's view points, not make yourself look like a raving lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha)
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...SOjJNo.twitter

Further proof that Feminism and SJW are transforming into evil and bigoted harpies.

Poor Milo.

Freedom of speech is being destroyed by the Regressive Left.
    It's pretty revolting, then again so is Milo Yiannopolous; a mincing, affected old queen who lives up to the worst stereotypes about gay people as sluts and sexual predators, then has the gall to oppose equal civil rights for ordinary gay people who are interested in living a more conventional, family-orientated life

He's like Quentin Crisp, if Crisp has no talent and no comic timing. **** him and the horse he rode in on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha)
    Agreed.

Political correctness and the absurd amount of Social Justice are curtailing freedom of speech.

All Milo said is that people should be allowed to confront other views...
    How are they curtailing his speech? He gets to have his say, and they are protesting his message in their own way.

I don't see what the problem is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.