Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel for a girl/woman when their partner has been involved in a fight (either professionally or not) and has won or lost?

It's always intrigued me.

ReputationRep:
    So, for example, would you feel embarrassed or ashamed if your bf got involved in a street fight and lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeHursty)
    So, for example, would you feel embarrassed or ashamed if your bf got involved in a street fight and lost?
    I would feel uneasy about him if he got involved in a fight regardless if he won or lost unless it was something like that he got attacked and only defended himself. I believe conflicts shoudl aways be resolved with reason, not violence.

Of course, having no boyfriend question is fully theoretical.

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel for a girl/woman when their partner has been involved in a fight (either professionally or not) and has won or lost?

It's always intrigued me.

My dad was a semi pro boxer, and my bf does MMA as a hobby.

I guess growing up with it, I just see it as a sport, so was never really a big deal. But I haven't seen either of them fight outside the controls of the sport they are playing. I just feel like any person would if their supporting side won or lost - you feel happy /sad but generally just glad that they are okay to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    So seeing them lose a fight wouldnt make you feel worried that they wouldnt be able to protect you?

ReputationRep:
    So seeing them lose a fight wouldnt make you feel worried that they wouldnt be able to protect you?
    I wonder how in particular there'd even come a situation where my hypothetical boyfriend would have to protect me.

Of course such a situation is possible, but very unlikely.
    There are a ton of single women who have no one to protect them and most of them are doing just fine.
    Secondly, I'd feel very very guilty if someone else got involved on a conflict because of me, so I'd propably just tell him to run and call cops if someone attacked me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.