Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I am a final year engineering student and I want to study Masters in Finland. I have already passed the 1st stage of admissions and have 1 more stage to go through which I know I will go through and have a place offer.

I wanted to ask how can I get funding to help support me with my study in Finland?

There is 0 tuiton fee, so I need support with living costs such as rent and transport.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As far as I know there is no financial help, you need to be able to support yourself. There might be specific scholarships or bursaries available at the university you're applying to but I doubt it. Start looking for part-time jobs in Finland now, it might take a while if you don't speak Finnish or Swedish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    As far as I know there is no financial help, you need to be able to support yourself. There might be specific scholarships or bursaries available at the university you're applying to but I doubt it. Start looking for part-time jobs in Finland now, it might take a while if you don't speak Finnish or Swedish.

This is a shame as I thought that the UK government would be able to help with funding towards this masters in Finland. It's leaning more towards taking a bank loan which is not what I want to do
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Saifariif)
    This is a shame as I thought that the UK government would be able to help with funding towards this masters in Finland. It's leaning more towards taking a bank loan which is not what I want to do
    Have a look to see if there are any Erasmus Mundus master's degrees you fancy doing, I believe you can get an EU scholarship to do these: http://www.em-a.eu/en/erasmus-mundus...r-courses.html

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but none of the courses are of intrest to me. The Erasmus+ scheme is what I'm waiting for to be rolled out across Europe!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Saifariif)
    Thank you but none of the courses are of intrest to me. The Erasmus+ scheme is what I'm waiting for to be rolled out across Europe!
    Isn't Erasmus+ for undergraduates doing a year abroad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Isn't Erasmus+ for undergraduates doing a year abroad?
    Theh have just release the Postgraduate scheme too and it includes Masters Loans

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.