Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fry is off Twitter Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not even a big deal, he's being dramatic.

Nevertheless he's off, so he's off.

Bubye. :flybye:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? I love the guy, but if he's scared of offending a bunch of Twitter trolls, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pseudo-truth)
    I find it weird that more backlash didn't come from his Eddie Redmayne intro tbh

"Fry was also criticised on Twitter for his Eddie Redmayne introduction: “He has been a man trapped in his own body, a woman trapped in a man’s body and, if I had my way, a man trapped in my basement.”"

Like, what? Imagine if a heterosexual male presenter had said that about a young female actress!

(Not homophobic, I'm gay myself, I just found that unreasonably creepy).
    Woah, I hadn't heard that, that is creepy

ReputationRep:
    Best thing he could have done for himself, could have gone on to devour him to the bone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Methinks he doth protest too much.

Clearly something going on here, he has been publicly embarrassed by something he probably regrets having said.
    I'd be more embarrassed by the reaction from Twitter rather than what I had said.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter harpies are at it again.

"Misogyneeuuuuh!!" "Sexizzzzzzzzzzzzzm"

Calm your tits, he made a sly comment about a FRIEND'S attire!

He didn't attack women in general and in no way was it malicious... For the level of hate/criticism he got on Twitter, Fry has every right to cancel his account. Twitter is a mess.

ReputationRep:
    It is saddening that someone like Fry would be affected that much by Tweets. I thought he was bigger than this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why this is news at all - smarmy star leaves twitter, so what? Big deal.

(You can tell I'm not a fan )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    It is saddening that someone like Fry would be affected that much by Tweets. I thought he was bigger than this.
    Same could be said about Richard Dawkins, but he got a stroke.

It was clearly more abuse than you think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha)
    Same could be said about Richard Dawkins, but he got a stroke.

It was clearly more abuse than you think...
    PC is so ****ing stupid, Isn't it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.