Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am dissatisfied with my university. Nay, I dislike it a lot, albeit much of this is my problem, not the university's fault, etc. I yearn to study in a place I know I would enjoy, love even (I knew I would dislike my current one on the onset). And there are also long term concerns about university's status. Mine is not high in the hierarchy, and I'm still nervous about how much the university itself actually counts.

So is pursuing a better university and one I know I would enjoy actually worth it? Time I don't see as much of an issue, as if I did get into another university I would be leaving it and entering work at 23 or 24 (assuming its an American one) as oppose to 21, and something that will be worth it in the long term if a good university and one I love. If I dislike my university and it is not high on any hierarchy is it worth pursuing another one? Does the university itself even matter or is it about the individual with the institution largely irrelevant (the most I've read of this are some vague blanket statements about the institution only mattering if Oxbridge, Durham, or some Ivy League)? What factors am I not considering? Is such a pursuit ultimately foolish?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.