Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A police man stopped me. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So today I had school for a while because my gcses are coming up so we have extra classes and stuff so I was coming home waiting for the bus. And then a police car approaches and he stops and gets out and asks me some dumb questions. This is in south london by the way i'm black as well and I had my hood up cause it's kind of cold then he stops me and he was like "What's your name" I told him then he was like "Where do you live" I gave him a rough location then I was like I just came back from school and then he was like "Do you have a sister?" I was like no then he walked and drove off.
    This was a weird experience because it's the first time i've been stopped by police and i'm not even a bad kid...
    Racism..?

ReputationRep:
    I would have asked him what business it was of his

ReputationRep:
    Why did he ask if you had a sister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11salmaa)
    Why did he ask if you had a sister?
    That's the dumbest part, I have a sister but I said no because I was so nervous and scared. I don't know what's going on in my area but why would you stop me to ask that???

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to tell them anything. Pigs. Just start oinking at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    That's the dumbest part, I have a sister but I said no because I was so nervous and scared. I don't know what's going on in my area but why would you stop me to ask that???
    I think its completely weird to just stop someone ask a bunch of questions and leave. Isn't he supposed to tell you why he's asking the questions in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    I would have asked him what business it was of his
    you will learn ...
    (the had way too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11salmaa)
    I think its completely weird to just stop someone ask a bunch of questions and leave. Isn't he supposed to tell you why he's asking the questions in the first place?
    Nope, he didn't tell me why he was asking these questions he just approached me and started asking weird questions.

ReputationRep:
    Right now i'm still quite shaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Right now i'm still quite shaken.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's funny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Racism..?
    Now why would that have been your immediate conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Now why would that have been your immediate conclusion?
    Because i'm Black and he's white and I didn't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Because i'm Black and he's white and I didn't do anything.
    Why on earth would that make him racist? People get stopped by the police all the time and for many different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why on earth would that make him racist? People get stopped by the police all the time and for many different reasons.
    And mine didn't have a reason...
    He just saw a kid with a hood on and thought "He's up to no good" when infact I just put my hood on cause it's cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    What's funny?
    You.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    And mine didn't have a reason...
    How do you know, did you ask him?

(Original post by 0lut0)
    He just saw a kid with a hood on and thought "He's up to no good" when infact I just put my hood on cause it's cold.
    Please let me know this week's lottery numbers because you're obviously psychic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    How do you know, did you ask him?

Please let me know this week's lottery numbers because you're obviously psychic
    So are you saying that someone is as likely to be randomly stopped by the police regardless of ethnicity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    So are you saying that someone is as likely to be randomly stopped by the police regardless of ethnicity?
    I'm saying it wasn't a random stop, more likely the police officer had a reason but did not disclose it.

Are you sure it was policeman?

I've seen some recent news about person who claimed to be one, and it also was a warning to all people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.