Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to use a moisturiser? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Well, I'd like to try one of these moisturisers but I'm not too sure how to use them; the lady at the counter didn't say much about how to use it, and the box is a bit vague on the instructions as well. She just mentioned that the product is useful on my skin.

As I understand it, I need to use it after a shower and then tap my towel lightly on my face and apply it on? Should it only be in the morning or can it be done before going to bed as well?

FYI, bought it to see what the fuss is all about; they say that it hydrates the skin and make the skin better looking (?)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    FYI, bought it to see what the fuss is all about; they say that it hydrates the skin and make the skin better looking (?)
    I've used it mainly in the weeks leading up to and after I go skiing, purely because my skin dries out incredibly easily, so with the cold, dry winds skiing, it's especially bad - the years I've used moisturiser when skiing, my skin has seemed to not get so dry - probably because of the moisturiser, perhaps just a coincidence! I like to think it works though!

ReputationRep:
    yeah use it in the morning after you shower and then before bed after you wash your face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I've used it mainly in the weeks leading up to and after I go skiing, purely because my skin dries out incredibly easily, so with the cold, dry winds skiing, it's especially bad - the years I've used moisturiser when skiing, my skin has seemed to not get so dry - probably because of the moisturiser, perhaps just a coincidence! I like to think it works though!
    My mousturiser smells really nice!

(Original post by Justmoll28)
    yeah use it in the morning after you shower and then before bed after you wash your face
    Do we really need to wet our face and neck, then wipe them with a towel, and then apply the lotion? (lol, I'm a noob).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    My mousturiser smells really nice!

Do we really need to wet our face and neck, then wipe with them with a towel, and then apply the lotion? (lol, I'm a noob).
    ...yes because you'll be putting cream that soaks into your pores on top of dirt that have collected over the day and thats how you get spots and acne

ReputationRep:
    Apply it after washing and drying your face with a towel, for at least twice a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wash your face, pat dry and then rub the moisturiser in circular motions.
    Definitely wash your face first
    Which one did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Wash your face before applying moisturiser. Apply your moisturiser after you’ve rinsed and patted your face with a towel, before your skin completely dries. Do it twice a day. Once in the morning and before going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to inject but like the OP, a newbie in moisturiser applying, I'm wanting to apply it on dry skin on arms/legs/chest - assume it's OK to put on without washing if need be?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.