The Student Room Group

AQA A2 RST3B Philosophy of Religion Predictions 2016

What do you think is likely to come up (particularly for Religious Language and The Problem of Evil)?
Reply 1
Hi
Reply 2
Original post by arrow_h
Hi

Hi?
Reply 3
Original post by good-vibes
Hi?

Which topics are you doing for Rst3B?
Reply 4
Original post by arrow_h
Which topics are you doing for Rst3B?

In class we've studied body, soul and personal identity, religious language and the problem of evil but I'm only focusing on RL and PoE

You?
Reply 5
In class we've studied body, soul and personal identity, religious language and the problem of evil but I'm only focusing on RL and PoE

You?

I'm doing PoE and the Ontol. Argument. I'm glad I found someone on here that's doing something similar, I thought my school were the only one's. How is revision?
Reply 6
Original post by arrow_h
I'm doing PoE and the Ontol. Argument. I'm glad I found someone on here that's doing something similar, I thought my school were the only one's. How is revision?

There's hardly any threads at all, it's ridiculous πŸ™„

Erm, I haven't really started revision because I'm prioritising psychology (stupid amounts of content and it's my first exam), but I feel like I know PoE well and RL reasonably well from revision in lessons so hopefully it'll be fine when I start actual revision! I keep doing well on in-class essays so hopefully...

What about you?
Reply 7
There's hardly any threads at all, it's ridiculous πŸ™„

Erm, I haven't really started revision because I'm prioritising psychology (stupid amounts of content and it's my first exam), but I feel like I know PoE well and RL reasonably well from revision in lessons so hopefully it'll be fine when I start actual revision! I keep doing well on in-class essays so hopefully...

What about you?

Yeah, I just look back at my notes from time to time to recap my mind, I'm strong with Ontol. Argument and alright with PoE. Also are you doing RST4A?
Reply 8
Just saw this thread and thought I'd join!
I have to say I HATE topic 3 with a passion and possibly like RL the most
Doing RST3B as well
Reply 9
Original post by arrow_h
Yeah, I just look back at my notes from time to time to recap my mind, I'm strong with Ontol. Argument and alright with PoE. Also are you doing RST4A?

I feel like with RS the content isn't really the problem, they just sometimes throw some hard questions at you so I'm hoping it'll be fine!

Yeah- Life, Death and Beyond, you?
Reply 10
Original post by Jehaan
Just saw this thread and thought I'd join!
I have to say I HATE topic 3 with a passion and possibly like RL the most
Doing RST3B as well

Topic 3?

I don't mind religious language content-wise but I much prefer questions on the PoE!
Reply 11
I feel like with RS the content isn't really the problem, they just sometimes throw some hard questions at you so I'm hoping it'll be fine!

Yeah- Life, Death and Beyond, you?

Yesss I'm also doing that, and finally some more people are joining the thread!
Reply 12
Original post by arrow_h
Yesss I'm also doing that, and finally some more people are joining the thread!

Glad we've established there's at least 3 of us, plus our classes, doing this exam 😭

Have your teachers been predicting anything? Mine thinks it'll be something to do with Hick/Augustine for PoE
Reply 13
Glad we've established there's at least 3 of us, plus our classes, doing this exam 😭

Have your teachers been predicting anything? Mine thinks it'll be something to do with Hick/Augustine for PoE

My teachers haven't predicted anything yet :frown: can you tell me your predictions?
Reply 14

Hahaha I don't see the logic in picking this exam as I literally think all the content it stupid. Plus I can no longer look at words the same such as 'symbol'
My teachers refuse to predict but I do it anyway. The problem with PoE is that there has only ever been one repeat which means is impossible to predict. I have to say I think the RL might be verification though.
Reply 15
Original post by Jehaan
Hahaha I don't see the logic in picking this exam as I literally think all the content it stupid. Plus I can no longer look at words the same such as 'symbol'
My teachers refuse to predict but I do it anyway. The problem with PoE is that there has only ever been one repeat which means is impossible to predict. I have to say I think the RL might be verification though.

My teacher also mentioned this! But at first she said maybe language games because there's never actually been a 45 marker on it
Reply 16
My teacher also mentioned this! But at first she said maybe language games because there's never actually been a 45 marker on it

There was a 15 marker on language games. I don't see them asking us 30 marks on it as there's only a page and a half in the textbook about it. Unless it's one of the bullet point questions
I'm doing this paper too, along with RST4C (ways of moral decision making).

Going to focus on OA & PoE, though we were taught all 4 topics.
Original post by ohmyapplepie
I'm doing this paper too, along with RST4C (ways of moral decision making).

Going to focus on OA & PoE, though we were taught all 4 topics.

Same :smile: We were taught all 4 but I'm focusing on OA and Body, Soul & Personal Identity. If I have time, I will revise PoE as a back up.

I'm also doing RST4C WHICH IS SO HARD!!! HOW ARE YOU REVISING FOR THAT:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest