The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Beliefs in Society + Crime with Theory and Methods Sociology Predictions 2016

Predictions for SCLY3 and SCLY4? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by good-vibes
Predictions for SCLY3 and SCLY4? :smile:

It's hard to predict now because we are the last ones to the old spec! However, I have a feeling secularisation and age and religion might come up in SCLY3 and for SCLY4, I have no idea! The topic of sociology being a science hasn't come up for a while either
:smile:
How's your revision going for the exams? I'm mostly scared for the SCLY4 exam
Reply 2
Last year was so easy to predict, like everyone's predictions were spot on and I think that was definitely a factor in the grade I got, but this year it's so hard to predict 😭

I haven't even started revising yet honestly. My teacher is off sick and will be for the foreseeable future, and the supply that took very long to find has been sacked so we're nowhere near finished covering the spec and I'm too busy concentrating on the hell that is OCR A2 Psychology to teach myself it yet. So yeah, not great ahhahah! However I am feeling more confident about SCLY3 because way less content and I actually have all of the notes- just a case of learning them now.

How's yours going? (Hopefully better than mine...)
Reply 3
Original post by good-vibes
Last year was so easy to predict, like everyone's predictions were spot on and I think that was definitely a factor in the grade I got, but this year it's so hard to predict 😭

I haven't even started revising yet honestly. My teacher is off sick and will be for the foreseeable future, and the supply that took very long to find has been sacked so we're nowhere near finished covering the spec and I'm too busy concentrating on the hell that is OCR A2 Psychology to teach myself it yet. So yeah, not great ahhahah! However I am feeling more confident about SCLY3 because way less content and I actually have all of the notes- just a case of learning them now.

How's yours going? (Hopefully better than mine...)

Yes last years was actually good :smile: and aww just make sure you are going through it because its a lot of content! Go through a Ken Brown sociology A2 textbook or the Collins A2 book its got the content in there, and don't worry you'll be fine! :smile: and that's good about SCLY3, I like that one better too because its got less content haha and my revision is going ok, I've been prioritising two subjects and not really well focused on the other one but I am starting now because its May!:/ good luck for the exams! :biggrin:
Reply 4
And I've heard that globalisation and social action theories might come up :/
Original post by J_1234
And I've heard that globalisation and social action theories might come up :/

social action theories came up last year?
Reply 6
Original post by grassntai
social action theories came up last year?

Oh did it? ok thanks! one of my friends told me :smile:
Original post by J_1234
Oh did it? ok thanks! one of my friends told me :smile:

yeah it did lol. im not revising for it nor is anyone in my class
Reply 8

Lol, but just go through it incase :smile:
I hate social action theories so boring

what else are you not revising :redface:
Is anyone else doing Global Development for SCLY3?
Predictions?
I think it will be either globalisation or science and ideology for a 33 marker for scly3
Reply 12
Original post by livvmoore
I think it will be either globalisation or science and ideology for a 33 marker for scly3

I have an awful feeling about that too because they're my worst topics (had a really bad substitute teacher for them 😭)

Could anyone tell me what exactly we need to know for Globalisation and Science and Ideology?

Thanks!
Hey guys unit 4 is sooo scary cus theres so much content plus im doing crime which is 10 topics to remember it all is killing me plus I have an as resit.. in a weeks time unit 3 is alright though i enjoy religion but sometimes the questions they ask can be a bit dodgy but yh im guessing globalisation and science to come up

Quick Reply

Latest