Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for Durham? Does anyone know when the majority of offers go out?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issymarsh)
    Anyone got an offer for Durham? Does anyone know when the majority of offers go out?
    I've moved this to the Durham forum for you as you've not received a reply. Hopefully someone here can/will help you.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for history too and haven't heard anything yet, so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer today! submitted mine in October though, so I think the History dept. must just be processing them slowly as it's a competitive course... best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    What were your GCSE grades and predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    What were your GCSE grades and predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
    GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 2B, 2C
    AS: AABE - with 100% UMS in my chosen subject (specified on my reference)
    A2 predictions: A*A*A
    Offer: A*AA
    School type: State School

I honestly have no idea how much they take into account. I know you must be sick of hearing this but the broad range of offers they give out shows that grades don't have to be 100% perfect - they seem to take into account the individual.
    Best of luck, hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethskyerobinson)
    GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 2B, 2C
    AS: AABE - with 100% UMS in my chosen subject (specified on my reference)
    A2 predictions: A*A*A
    Offer: A*AA
    School type: State School

I honestly have no idea how much they take into account. I know you must be sick of hearing this but the broad range of offers they give out shows that grades don't have to be 100% perfect - they seem to take into account the individual.
    Best of luck, hope this helps
    I got 8A*s at GCSE and AS 3As 1b
    And predicted A*A*A
    But I do go to a private school. I really want to go to Durham I don't know why they haven't replied.

ReputationRep:
    I got 8A*s at GCSE and AS 3As 1b
    And predicted A*A*A
    But I do go to a private school. I really want to go to Durham I don't know why they haven't replied.
    Well the fact you haven't heard obviously means they're still considering you so I'd take that as a good sign! There were only a couple of applicants in my school and we both heard late and got offers - hearing late seems to be a good thing for most. Even if not, your grades are excellent so I'm sure you'll do well at whichever university you go to!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.