Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My journey to getting excellent grades at GCSE Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Literature was my weakest subject as I was tracking an A/B at first. My coursework got an A so I knew I had to work hard for an A*. So I made notes for every character and theme in novels and did past paper questions to revise. I tried to be original. So I managed the 60/60 in paper 1 and 75/80 in paper 2 which got me a mid/high A*
    Wow well done though, did you memorise your quotes? Because i have to and we're not allowed the text books , how did you memorise the quotes and thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Wow well done though, did you memorise your quotes? Because i have to and we're not allowed the text books , how did you memorise the quotes and thanks for the help
    Yes I memorised some quotes but you should already know key quotes! Memorising just involves writing it again on flashcards then on the other side the answer. Make it interactive!

ReputationRep:
    Hello Mesmorized potato, congratulations for a job well done! You're determined enough to achieve your goals and I confess, that you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostandfound86)
    Hello Mesmorized potato, congratulations for a job well done! You're determined enough to achieve your goals and I confess, that you will.
    Thank you for the kind words!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Also, what are you doing for A Level?
    I know I am very very late but want I want to do is Biology Chemistry Maths and Physics!
    Again, very sorry for the super late reply, it was very rude of me to ignore the comment. I didn't see it for some reason until I decided to edit my blog.

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 4/4/16*
    Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage
    • History Paper 1 review topic 2 completed on Peacemaking. Only one more topic review left.
    • History Paper 2 topic 2 past paper done. Will ask teacher to mark as it's subjective.
    • Chemistry C6 review done.
    • Past paper's done on C6. 16/21- A* scaled up. Weaknesses, detecting ions. Overall score for C4C5C6 ( common past paper 2014 done on 456) 51/60- A* high. Will read through weaknesses again.
    • PE theory revision done up to Respiratory system specification points. Only 2 specification systems left.
    • PE theory past papers done on everything to review content 33/39- A* scaled up.
    • French Vocabulary revision done on Work and Education.
    • French listening and reading work done. Reading question 3/4. Listening paper 2/4. Moving onto the AQA endorsed listening and reading booklets to strengthen knowledge. French news also observed.
    • Maths work on basics like angles, circles, and simple proof.
    In general very happy as I got quite a lot of work done and it's fitting with my review schedule so that I can move onto new topics on the 8th April. As long as this continues, I am definitely on track to getting everything fully done.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I know I am very very late but want I want to do is Biology Chemistry Maths and Physics!
    Again, very sorry for the super late reply, it was very rude of me to ignore the comment. I didn't see it for some reason until I decided to edit my blog.
    Your doing nearly the same a-levels as me. Except from Physics where i want to do Economics

ReputationRep:
    Your doing nearly the same a-levels as me. Except from Physics where i want to do Economics
    Nice! What makes you choose economics?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nice! What makes you choose economics?
    I don't even know why I chose that Haha I chose it because i had no other choice and it's a little bit to do with Maths which i'm good at and i really like it

ReputationRep:

*Review of 8/4/16*
    (Segment 1 of review done out of 4 today)
    Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage
    • 10 marker done for history on paper 1 topic 2.
    • RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 review done on Religion and Community Cohesion.
    • RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 Past paper done, to be marked by teacher due to subjectiveness
    • History Paper 1 topic 3/3 review completed.
    • History Paper 1 3/3 past paper completed to be marked by teacher. Now a set of papers done for paper 1!
    • GCSE PE full review done to end of skeletal system specification. Now done PE fully.
    • Completed PE past papers- averaging an A* so far, will do more past papers as I had one A performance.
    • French Vocabulary work on Home and Education + Media
    • French exam questions done on reading. 5/6 one question. Doing a full paper tomorrow.
    That is it for the day! My first segment of review has been completed. Tomorrow I am moving onto a new segment of review which includes different modules and subjects. I definitely want a good start to complete everything I want in the day so I have time to finish everything by the end of the deadline to do them by. Exams are ever more looming!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

*Review of 4/4/16*
    (Segment 1 of review done out of 4 today)
    • 10 marker done for history on paper 1 topic 2.
    • RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 review done on Religion and Community Cohesion.
    • RE Paper 1 topic 4/4 Past paper done, to be marked by teacher due to subjectiveness
    • History Paper 1 topic 3/3 review completed.
    • History Paper 1 3/3 past paper completed to be marked by teacher. Now a set of papers done for paper 1!
    • GCSE PE full review done to end of skeletal system specification. Now done PE fully.
    • Completed PE past papers- averaging an A* so far, will do more past papers as I had one A performance.
    • French Vocabulary work on Home and Education + Media
    • French exam questions done on reading. 5/6 one question. Doing a full paper tomorrow.
    That is it for the day! My first segment of review has been completed. Tomorrow I am moving onto a new segment of review which includes different modules and subjects. I definitely want a good start to complete everything I want in the day so I have time to finish everything by the end of the deadline to do them by. Exams are ever more looming!
    WOW YOU DO A LOT !! and your motivation is unbelievable Well done

ReputationRep:
    WOW YOU DO A LOT !! and your motivation is unbelievable Well done
    Thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    No worries You haven't update for a long time , well few days ?

ReputationRep:
    No worries You haven't update for a long time , well few days ?
    I posted yesterday! I'll do a double update in the evening!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I posted yesterday! I'll do a double update in the evening!
    Oh OK It's just that i got confused because for the post yesterday you wrote 04/04/16 Great

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 9/4/16*

1/ Chemistry C2 review done.
    2/ C2 past paper attempted 16/17 A*
    3/ Chemistry C3 review done.
    4/ C3 past paper done. 14/17 Weaknesses: interpretation of data again!
    5/ Organised plus printed past papers ready for more questions.
    6/ Some read through of C1.
    Not as much today because i was slightly busy but I will be getting tons done on the last day of my holiday.

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 10/4/16*

1) Chemistry review done for C1.
    2) Chemistry C1C2C3 past paper done. Achieved 49/60 A*. Weaknesses, stupid errors and nitrogen dioxide production.
    3) Physics review of P1.
    4) Physics review of P2.
    5) Physics P3 started review.
    6) P1 + P2 past paper. 36/40 A*
    Will be finishing P3 and doing more practise. Also school starts tomorrow so I'll have to plan more from there.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the kind words!
    You deserved more than that!

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 11/4/16*
    Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage.

Today was the first day back of school!

1/ Maths- Practise questions on shape space and measures.
    2/ Physics P3 review and now completed full review of Core science.
    3/ P1 P2 P3 past paper completed. Score, 52/60- A* Weaknesses: General common sense questions, don't over complicate.
    4/ Religous Education Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 completed review.
    5/ RE Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 past paper done to be marked by teacher.
    6/ C7 started review, big module!
    7/ Always working on French work, will be finishing some vocab memrise work.
    8/ French past paper questions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 8/4/16*
    Reviews on topics are just simple read through's as they've all been already learn't revise means literally writing notes. All notes have been done a long time ago so it's on the review stage.

Today was the first day back of school!

1/ Maths- Practise questions on shape space and measures.
    2/ Physics P3 review and now completed full review of Core science.
    3/ P1 P2 P3 past paper completed. Score, 52/60- A* Weaknesses: General common sense questions, don't over complicate.
    4/ Religous Education Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 completed review.
    5/ RE Paper 2 unit 8 section 1/4 past paper done to be marked by teacher.
    6/ C7 started review, big module!
    7/ Always working on French work, will be finishing some vocab memrise work.
    8/ French past paper questions.
    WELL DONE
    Is it possible for me to an A* in biology if my ISA is an A ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.