Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does anyone from here study through the University of the Higlands and Islands? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys,

I'm Philip...I'm a mature (well 29) student at Perth College UHI which is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands...I became part of this forum thanks to a revelation I had over the weekend...such an amazing experience at my church in Perth.

Say hi,

Would be good to get to know people from other Uni's and hopefully there are people from UHI also
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    It is a very small university so I doubt there are many UHI students on this forum. I suggest you make use of the search function (top right) to find students.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am about to finish my MLitt at UHI, so feel free to message me.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anndee)
    Hi,
    I am about to finish my MLitt at UHI, so feel free to message me.
    Oh really? That's cool, not Viking Studies by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Viking Studies. And only the dissertation left to do.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Viking Studies. And only the dissertation left to do.
    Ohh! I quite like the look of UHI's Nordic Centre, some of their courses do look very interesting. How much of it did you do via distance learning?

ReputationRep:
    I did all of it via distance learning because I'm also working full-time as a freelance writer and translator. I don't want to lie, it was extremely hard when it came to essay deadlines but the people at the Centre for Nordic Studies are all very helpful and passionate. Certainly, for my career it was the best I could do, I got various projects through this MLitt and the connections I made on it. Now I'm even applying for a PhD.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I did all of it via distance learning because I'm also working full-time as a freelance writer and translator. I don't want to lie, it was extremely hard when it came to essay deadlines but the people at the Centre for Nordic Studies are all very helpful and passionate. Certainly, for my career it was the best I could do, I got various projects through this MLitt and the connections I made on it. Now I'm even applying for a PhD.
    Oh right, good to know it's possible to do the whole thing via distance learning. I'd love to move up there but not sure how feasible it'd be. PhD eh, that sounds ambitious - good luck! What will you be researching?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, actually I think most people on the more research-orientated postgrad programmes do them via distance. I certainly wouldn't have been able to afford moving to Orkney or Shetland. Well, the PhD depends entirely on getting funding. If so, it would be interdisciplinary with runology at its core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrior4christ)
    I became part of this forum thanks to a revelation I had over the weekend...such an amazing experience at my church in Perth.
    Some people find TSR via Google, others find TSR through messages from God.

Each to their own!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.