Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should lasers be banned in the UK Watch

• View Poll Results: Should lasers be banned/made illegal in the UK?
    Yes
    35.87%
    No
    64.13%

• TSR Support Team

Been some incidents involving lasers being shone at pilots as they take off and land in the UK, the British Pilots Association are calling for it to be banned in the UK, sounds like a fairly strong case after one pilot had medical problems after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35580261

ReputationRep:
    The person who was responsible for the laser should be airdropped into Chernobyl and forced to fight the Deathclaws that live there :hand:

What are the purpose of lasers anyway lol, every time I've seen someone with them all they do is shine it at people ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    What are the purpose of lasers anyway lol, every time I've seen someone with them all they do is shine it at people ?
    My cat seems to enjoy lasers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    My cat seems to enjoy lasers.

Haha

OK, I think legislation should be introduced requiring laser owner to have cats :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    The person who was responsible for the laser should be airdropped into Chernobyl and forced to fight the Deathclaws that live there :hand:

terrorists just need to shine like 6 lasers at once into a Jumbo cockpit and they will cause a disaster.

they could also fly a few drones into the engines while they are there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Should the majority suffer for the minority? No.

ReputationRep:
    No have one for my cats and they love chasing it.

But can't see why punishing everybody because of the actions of a few idiots is an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    No have one for my cats and they love chasing it.

But can't see why punishing everybody because of the actions of a few idiots is an option.
    Do you say the same about guns?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Dumachi)
    Should the majority suffer for the minority? No.
    It's funny when a UK IPHONE supporter says that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy163)
    Do you say the same about guns?
    Yes as I own a 2 shotguns.

Why should I be punished because of idiots

But lets see how you respond

Do you say the same about let's say Islam? (something that has killed more pilots than lasers have)
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Yes as I own a 2 shotguns.

Why should I be punished because of idiots

But lets see how you respond

Do you say the same about let's say Islam? (something that has killed more pilots than lasers have)

Laser guided missiles

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Been some incidents involving lasers being shone at pilots as they take off and land in the UK, the British Pilots Association are calling for it to be banned in the UK, sounds like a fairly strong case after one pilot had medical problems after.

Actually, they would be quite useful, in lectures and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Laser guided missiles

we are talking about the real world

Most people don't have laser guided missiles at home (but yes agree they could be useful)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Laser guided missiles

You don't use lasers or laser guided missiles to shoot down aircraft, they are used to illuminate ground targets for laser guided munitions dropped from aircraft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    terrorists just need to shine like 6 lasers at once into a Jumbo cockpit and they will cause a disaster.

they could also fly a few drones into the engines while they are there.
    If next week this exact attack happens I'm blaming you.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    we are talking about the real world

Most people don't have laser guided missiles at home (but yes agree they could be useful)
    Why, what you want to do with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)

It seems more sensible to limit them to a particular power level; if you want a laser pointer that can reach an aircraft or damage eyesight, then you cannot but if you want one that is not dangerous in that way, you can.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)

It's funny when a UK IPHONE supporter says that.
    You know the more people hate me based on there ignorance and prejudice, the better I feel. You reject knowledge and that is why the UK is going full steam under, to a third world country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    If next week this exact attack happens I'm blaming you.
    lol

:battle:

:reddy:

ReputationRep:
    banned of course ...
    why would one need a laser?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    You know the more people hate me based on there ignorance and prejudice, the better I feel. You reject knowledge and that is why the UK is going full steam under, to a third world country.
    The UK is becoming a third world country? Lol what?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.