Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should lasers be banned in the UK Watch

• View Poll Results: Should lasers be banned/made illegal in the UK?
    Yes
    35.87%
    No
    64.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Oh dear

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...-laser-sights/

http://www.drapers-airguns.co.uk/ind...&cPath=273_279

so much arrogance\ignorance

But how about the building industry they use them as well as do other industries should we ban all of these uses as well?
    arguments of a 14 year old ...
    Are you sure you are a mature student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    grow up !!
    As I said if I grew up anymore I'd be a really old man

But It's OK I'll wait for you to catch up to me

ReputationRep:
    No, people should just grow up and use them in a way that isn't going to cause harm or do any damage but of course, you say "no" and people must protest and say "yes" and do it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    When something has the potential to kill 300+ people at once it is no longer a toy.
    toys can kill

ReputationRep:
    As I said if I grew up anymore I'd be a really old man

But It's OK I'll wait for you to catch up to me
    I would love to talk with you but I am way too busy ...
    All the best !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    thank you for your irrelevant reply ...
    Sorry, it was because you asked why people would need them. And my picture implied it was for the banter. Not everything in life is serious, try and chill out honey buns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    arguments of a 14 year old ...
    Are you sure you are a mature student?
    Do you mean providing you with legitimate uses for a laser sight something you thought was nonsense. It's Ok you'll learn about this when you leave school that just because you are ignorant about something doesn't mean everyone else is as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Sorry, it was because you asked why people would need them. And my picture implied it was for the banter. Not everything in life is serious, try and chill out honey buns.
    I am not a honey buns ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I would love to talk with you but I am way too busy ...
    All the best !
    Then don't reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    toys can kill
    Lots of things can kill. Water kills but we're not telling you to stop drinking.

But this one small thing owned by an idiot could kill hundreds.

Let's look at the most recent example, the Virgin flight to NY. That plane would have been carrying at least 300 people. Is your right to a toy more important than their lives?

There are legitimate uses for lasers and those that need them could be licenced. Those with no need for one could make do with plenty of other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I am not a honey buns ...
    Are you sweet cheeks?

ReputationRep:
    ... when you leave school...
    I left school in 1982 !!

ReputationRep:
    Just ban the powerful ones for public use, the vast majority of lasers will not cause this harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Are you sweet cheeks?

more of a poppet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    You know the more people hate me based on there ignorance and prejudice, the better I feel. You reject knowledge and that is why the UK is going full steam under, to a third world country.
    Lol I don't hate you. I find it amusing that you think I reject knowledge because of an offhand comment towards a UKIP supporter. Typical kipper reaction.

ReputationRep:
    those idiots need to be dealt with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I left school in 1982 !!
    so you are a few years older than me (but only a few poppet)

Then you really should act your age.

The reply I gave included links to gun shops that supply laser sights for shooting (something you said was nonsense) I also asked about construction and manufacturing who rely heavily upon laser use for marking and leveling and now cutting

Yet according to you all these should be banned,

or is it a case of 'back in your day' you didn't need a laser so you don't understand their use now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Should the majority suffer for the minority? No.
    Suffer? lmao the heck do the majority need a laser for on a daily basis? I've got one lying around and have literally no use for it whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Ban them based on power. Any that are powerful enough to shine a focused beam into a cockpit must be banned due to the extreme risk to life they possess. Nobody has any rational need for a laser that strong outside of a controlled lab environment.
    You can build a powerful laser from an array of weaker lasers.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Suffer? lmao the heck do the majority need a laser for on a daily basis? I've got one lying around and have literally no use for it whatsoever.
    I meant the majority that have lasers that dont use them stupidly...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.