Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was just wondering whether there was any mature student who is interested in doing Engineering/physics/maths at Oxford university?

Please, let me know
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankES)
    Hello, I was just wondering whether there was any mature student who is interested in doing Engineering/physics/maths at Oxford university?

Please, let me know
    Hi,

You may want to take a look at the Oxford forum. Alternatively, I can move this thread there for you if you like? Just quote me in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Hi,

You may want to take a look at the Oxford forum. Alternatively, I can move this thread there for you if you like? Just quote me in.
    Definitely! feel free to do so, thanks!
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! feel free to do so, thanks!
    Done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Done
    Thank you! Im kind of trying to get some help here so I can apply to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I am an unconditional offer holder for Computer Science, and as I turn 21 before the course starts, I am classified as mature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quoderatdemonstr)
    I am an unconditional offer holder for Computer Science, and as I turn 21 before the course starts, I am classified as mature.
    So you will start your course this year?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Im kind of trying to get some help here so I can apply to Oxford.
    You might also like to ask in here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3560223
    Applying to Oxford or Cambridge at 21+

ReputationRep:
    So you will start your course this year?
    In October

ReputationRep:
    In October
    Ok. how was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. how was your interview?
    4 interviews, 3 at the college I applied to, and a 4th at a randomly assigned college.

The interviews were about 30-40 mins. Around 2 or so minutes was talking about myself. A further 3-5 mins would be spent talking about stuff I had mentioned on my personal statement and any other relevant activities I would bring up.

The rest (25-30 mins) were Mathematical / logical puzzles.

Every interview had 2 interviewers, usually one of the college's senior staff for that subject at that college, and a DPhil student or higher.

ReputationRep:
    4 interviews, 3 at the college I applied to, and a 4th at a randomly assigned college.

The interviews were about 30-40 mins. Around 2 or so minutes was talking about myself. A further 3-5 mins would be spent talking about stuff I had mentioned on my personal statement and any other relevant activities I would bring up.

The rest (25-30 mins) were Mathematical / logical puzzles.

Every interview had 2 interviewers, usually one of the college's senior staff for that subject at that college, and a DPhil student or higher.
    I see...How diff were the puzzles?

ReputationRep:
    I see...How diff were the puzzles?
    I can only speak for Computer Science. The CS department has sample interview questions on their website. Not sure about other departments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.