The Student Room Group

Considering Oxford

Hello, I was just wondering whether there was any mature student who is interested in doing Engineering/physics/maths at Oxford university?

Please, let me know
Original post by FrankES
Hello, I was just wondering whether there was any mature student who is interested in doing Engineering/physics/maths at Oxford university?

Please, let me know

Hi,

You may want to take a look at the Oxford forum. Alternatively, I can move this thread there for you if you like? Just quote me in.
Reply 2
Original post by ByronicHero
Hi,

You may want to take a look at the Oxford forum. Alternatively, I can move this thread there for you if you like? Just quote me in.

Definitely! feel free to do so, thanks!
Original post by FrankES
Definitely! feel free to do so, thanks!

Done :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ByronicHero
Done :smile:

Thank you! Im kind of trying to get some help here so I can apply to Oxford.
I am an unconditional offer holder for Computer Science, and as I turn 21 before the course starts, I am classified as mature.
Reply 6
Original post by quoderatdemonstr
I am an unconditional offer holder for Computer Science, and as I turn 21 before the course starts, I am classified as mature.

So you will start your course this year?
Reply 7
Original post by FrankES
Thank you! Im kind of trying to get some help here so I can apply to Oxford.

You might also like to ask in here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3560223
Applying to Oxford or Cambridge at 21+
Original post by FrankES
So you will start your course this year?

In October
Reply 9
In October

Ok. how was your interview?
Original post by FrankES
Ok. how was your interview?

4 interviews, 3 at the college I applied to, and a 4th at a randomly assigned college.

The interviews were about 30-40 mins. Around 2 or so minutes was talking about myself. A further 3-5 mins would be spent talking about stuff I had mentioned on my personal statement and any other relevant activities I would bring up.

The rest (25-30 mins) were Mathematical / logical puzzles.

Every interview had 2 interviewers, usually one of the college's senior staff for that subject at that college, and a DPhil student or higher.
Reply 11
4 interviews, 3 at the college I applied to, and a 4th at a randomly assigned college.

The interviews were about 30-40 mins. Around 2 or so minutes was talking about myself. A further 3-5 mins would be spent talking about stuff I had mentioned on my personal statement and any other relevant activities I would bring up.

The rest (25-30 mins) were Mathematical / logical puzzles.

Every interview had 2 interviewers, usually one of the college's senior staff for that subject at that college, and a DPhil student or higher.

I see...How diff were the puzzles?
Original post by FrankES
I see...How diff were the puzzles?

I can only speak for Computer Science. The CS department has sample interview questions on their website. Not sure about other departments.

Quick Reply

Latest