Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

good sites for booking holidays? watch

ReputationRep:
    first ever holiday and were planning on going to Barcelona, Spain. has anyone got good sites and/or tips? good places to visit in Barcelona?

looking at airbnb at the moment but id like to keep options open
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Were you going to book flights and hotel or a package holiday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Were you going to book flights and hotel or a package holiday?
    probably just flights and hotel
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Personally, I'd go through hotel chains rather than independent ones. At last you know what they're like then. Not been to Barcelona, do can't hel any further, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Personally, I'd go through hotel chains rather than independent ones. At last you know what they're like then. Not been to Barcelona, do can't hel any further, sorry.
    thats fine, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    expedia.com has always served me well

Take the cable car up to Montjuic Castle: http://www.tmb.cat/en/teleferic-de-montjuic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    expedia.com has always served me well

Take the cable car up to Montjuic Castle: http://www.tmb.cat/en/teleferic-de-montjuic
    thankyou
    that was one site i was looking at too
    has anyone been to the zoo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    thankyou
    that was one site i was looking at too
    has anyone been to the zoo?
    No, but it's easy to find.
    Have a paella on the beach. Do the sightseeing tourist bus. Get lost in the Gothic Quarter, where the nicest little shops are. If football is your thing, then Camp Nou is apparently marvellous. Go and look at the Olympic stadium as well.

ReputationRep:
    No, but it's easy to find.
    Have a paella on the beach. Do the sightseeing tourist bus. Get lost in the Gothic Quarter, where the nicest little shops are. If football is your thing, then Camp Nou is apparently marvellous. Go and look at the Olympic stadium as well.
    oo thankyou what is the gothic quarter?

ReputationRep:
    oo thankyou what is the gothic quarter?
    It's the old part in the centre of the town, round the cathedral.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed at the Casa Gracia Hostel (casagraciabcn.com) which is quite central and close to public transport (Diagonal tube station) and it was alright, but apparently it has really changed, according to the pics on the website... (to the better)
    You should definitely go up Montjuic, you get a stunning view over Barcelona! And the touristy stuff like Park Güell, Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas, El Mercat de la Boqueria (you can get good fruit and smoothies for cheap), Plaza Catalunya, Barrio Gotico, Barceloneta Beach... is really worth it!

And always look out for pickpockets, there really are a lot of them in Barcelona...

ReputationRep:
    It's the old part in the centre of the town, round the cathedral.
    is it actually al gothicy? is it a sight seeing attraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    I stayed at the Casa Gracia Hostel (casagraciabcn.com) which is quite central and close to public transport (Diagonal tube station) and it was alright, but apparently it has really changed, according to the pics on the website... (to the better)
    You should definitely go up Montjuic, you get a stunning view over Barcelona! And the touristy stuff like Park Güell, Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas, El Mercat de la Boqueria (you can get good fruit and smoothies for cheap), Plaza Catalunya, Barrio Gotico,... is really worth it!

And always look out for pickpockets, there really are a lot of them in Barcelona...
    i do like smoothies! yum

and thanks, il keep all our stuff in my bag and close to my chest

ReputationRep:
    I usually book through expedia or last minute for flight and hotel. I'm planning a trip to Barcelona too, I did quite a lot of research and decided I wanted to stay in the Las Ramblas area, it seems like it's always buzzing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    I usually book through expedia or last minute for flight and hotel. I'm planning a trip to Barcelona too, I did quite a lot of research and decided I wanted to stay in the Las Ramblas area, it seems like it's always buzzing.
    i like places with a strong energy flow too

ReputationRep:
    is it actually al gothicy? is it a sight seeing attraction
    Well, it's gothic architecture, not full of gloomy teens in black, if that is what you are thinking. It's where the little old quirky streets are.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's gothic architecture, not full of gloomy teens in black, if that is what you are thinking. It's where the little old quirky streets are.
    i like quirky ty for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Lastminute

Hey! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH LASTMINUTE.com
    Horrendous customer service, we booked flights with them via Swiss and they didn't confirm our flight...in the end we were battling with them for a week trying to get a refund...
    If you want to book flights online, stick with the relevant airlines website and book direct through them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Hey! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH LASTMINUTE.com
    Horrendous customer service, we booked flights with them via Swiss and they didn't confirm our flight...in the end we were battling with them for a week trying to get a refund...
    If you want to book flights online, stick with the relevant airlines website and book direct through them.
    ooh that dont sound good ! id rather book in advanced anyway

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.