Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to post anything about woodhouse like interviews, the open day, offers etc..
    However, I have one tiny problem I'd like to address at the moment. I applied for Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Philosophy and majority of my predicted grades were B's at the time of the application process - (all B's to be exact) and I still haven't heard back from woodhouse about an interview/waiting list offer.

I'd really like to go to woodhouse just because I feel as if I would be most comfortable studying in such a socially developed environment as well as it being academically successful. My sixth form doesn't offer philosophy and the physics teachers aren't great so I've decided that maybe my sixth form isn't for me.

About 90% of my friends have already done their interview or received their future interview dates and I have nothing. I understand woodhouse is extremely over-subscribed and that there are more interview dates to be handed out but I'm still quite anxious as I feel like I might not even get one.

Here are my questions..

1. If I do get an interview date .. am I less likely to be considered for a conditional offer as my predicted grades aren't as high as others and that I have also opted for competitive courses?

2. What are my chances of going in on the enrolment day and showing my grades and getting a secure offer? - My predicted grades at the moment are 3A*, 7A'S and 1B
    THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABLOW)
    Feel free to post anything about woodhouse like interviews, the open day, offers etc..
    However, I have one tiny problem I'd like to address at the moment. I applied for Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Philosophy and majority of my predicted grades were B's at the time of the application process - (all B's to be exact) and I still haven't heard back from woodhouse about an interview/waiting list offer.

I'd really like to go to woodhouse just because I feel as if I would be most comfortable studying in such a socially developed environment as well as it being academically successful. My sixth form doesn't offer philosophy and the physics teachers aren't great so I've decided that maybe my sixth form isn't for me.

About 90% of my friends have already done their interview or received their future interview dates and I have nothing. I understand woodhouse is extremely over-subscribed and that there are more interview dates to be handed out but I'm still quite anxious as I feel like I might not even get one.

Here are my questions..

1. If I do get an interview date .. am I less likely to be considered for a conditional offer as my predicted grades aren't as high as others and that I have also opted for competitive courses?

2. What are my chances of going in on the enrolment day and showing my grades and getting a secure offer? - My predicted grades at the moment are 3A*, 7A'S and 1B
    THANKS
    I'm in the same position as you! I hope you get the interview email soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABLOW)

Here are my questions..

THANKS

Hi you guys. Dont worry about the whole interview thing. Woodhouse spread them over lots of dates and with those predicted grades I'm pretty sure that you will get an offer. If you are really worried at a later stage, I would contact them via email or phone. Trust me, those predicted grades are a lot higher than most. My interview is on the 22nd and my predicted grades aren't as good as yours. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendyrix)
    Hi you guys. Dont worry about the whole interview thing. Woodhouse spread them over lots of dates and with those predicted grades I'm pretty sure that you will get an offer. If you are really worried at a later stage, I would contact them via email or phone. Trust me, those predicted grades are a lot higher than most. My interview is on the 22nd and my predicted grades aren't as good as yours. Good luck
    How did your interview go? Mine's on the 9th

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.