The Student Room Group

Is he interested?

I'm normally pretty good with gauging whether a guy likes me, but this guy has had me confused for about 18 months. I was in a relationship with his "friend" (they weren't close, just loosely part of the same friendship group) during the time that I've liked him. It's worth mentioning that I'm single now and my actions- although wrong- were because my ex could not accept it when I told him it was over- he'd self harm and just completely reject it, so I spent the last few months genuinely trying to break up with him but there's only so much I could do. Anyway, I'm single now, hence the question. This guy and I would go for dinner and drinks somewhat regularly, it would get a little flirty but he's quite a detached and collected person. He is the worst at texting back, but I've seen that he's pretty much like that with everyone so I've never seen it as a huge indication that he's not interested. Anyway, we went to an event a few weeks ago and we kissed a few times throughout the night and he looked really happy when it was happening, not forced at all. But then he goes back to being neutral again. The week after we went to a similar event and the same thing happened- even though my boyfriend was actually there that time (I know, I know) and I drunkenly asked him when it was actually going to go down, if you know what I mean haha. He said when I've been single for a few weeks, which has happened already, but he's no different than before. I don't think he is the sort of person that would reciprocate intimacy just to avoid awkwardness if he wasn't down for it though. What do you guys think?
Ask him! If he told you he was interested a little while back, then it stands to reason that he might still be. Arrange another date. Meet up. See where it goes. If he has changed his mind then that is okay but you'll either have to wait or ask!
Yes, just ask and hear him out. A good relationship should not start out or be based on fear. Stay clear of immature and controlling guys. Don't waste time on such people. There are lots of good ones out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending