Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ethics part e 12 mark question Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer a question over which the churches have no divide?
    I am trying to use the some people think... other people think... I think ... structure but I am struggling to think of different opinions
    The question is "religious people should never be wealthy" you should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in the answer.

Any feedback/help would be great

ReputationRep:
    "Religious people should never be wealthy"

For
    If Christians are wealthy then they are not following "love thy neighbour" as if they did they would donate their wealth to aid others
    Charity is also key within religion and again, if they are wealthy it means that they are being selfish and not sharing their wealth.
    It says in the Bible that those who do not help the poor will not go to heaven.
    Muslims would also agree with the statement because in the Qur'an it says "whoever eats while his brother goes hungry is not one of us...a follower of Allah". To prove themselves as being true followers they would donate their money.
    A libertarian would argue that by giving away their wealth a religious person would make a majority happier.

Against
    If a religious person has come across money through their hard work surely they deserve to keep it.
    Discriminating against religious people.
    If I was a religious person I wouldn't want to share my money, if people are poor they should help themselves instead of accepting charity off others.

Not too sure but here are some points...hope I helped :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asox)
    "Religious people should never be wealthy"

For
    If Christians are wealthy then they are not following "love thy neighbour" as if they did they would donate their wealth to aid others
    Charity is also key within religion and again, if they are wealthy it means that they are being selfish and not sharing their wealth.
    It says in the Bible that those who do not help the poor will not go to heaven.
    Muslims would also agree with the statement because in the Qur'an it says "whoever eats while his brother goes hungry is not one of us...a follower of Allah". To prove themselves as being true followers they would donate their money.
    A libertarian would argue that by giving away their wealth a religious person would make a majority happier.

Against
    If a religious person has come across money through their hard work surely they deserve to keep it.
    Discriminating against religious people.
    If I was a religious person I wouldn't want to share my money, if people are poor they should help themselves instead of accepting charity off others.

Not too sure but here are some points...hope I helped :/
    Thanks, you really helped!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking about dong philosophy and ethics GCSE is it good ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed it and the course is really interesting, the only downside (of OCR) is the narrow grade boundaries, 3 marks between an A and A* so every mark counts!

I think that if you are good at essay writing and find the course interesting its a good option.
    Just out of interest what other subjects are you thinking of doing at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginarowley)
    I really enjoyed it and the course is really interesting, the only downside (of OCR) is the narrow grade boundaries, 3 marks between an A and A* so every mark counts!

I think that if you are good at essay writing and find the course interesting its a good option.
    Just out of interest what other subjects are you thinking of doing at GCSE?
    History geography ICT triple science and 2 English plus maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2410)
    History geography ICT triple science and 2 English plus maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've found that generally speaking, people who are good at history as well found the longer written answers easier at the start of the course. However as a geography student who was getting less than 50% on the first part of the course, I can happily say that improvement does happen! I think the only reason history students might find it easier to start with is because the way of writing long answers is quite similar (apparently). If you choose it as a GCSE and struggle at the start, remember that ut takes longer for it to click for some people.

As soon as we did started philosophy, my long answer came together and I went from a C/D to an A. I am now predicted at least an A and feel relatively confident about philosophy and ethics.

Hope this helped a bit, good luck in the GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    I've found that generally speaking, people who are good at history as well found the longer written answers easier at the start of the course. However as a geography student who was getting less than 50% on the first part of the course, I can happily say that improvement does happen! I think the only reason history students might find it easier to start with is because the way of writing long answers is quite similar (apparently). If you choose it as a GCSE and struggle at the start, remember that ut takes longer for it to click for some people.

As soon as we did started philosophy, my long answer came together and I went from a C/D to an A. I am now predicted at least an A and feel relatively confident about philosophy and ethics.

Hope this helped a bit, good luck in the GCSEs
    Thanks at the moment I'm 2 As in geography and RS and A* in history and highest in the year in the latter 2 I'm so passionate fir then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2410)
    Thanks at the moment I'm 2 As in geography and RS and A* in history and highest in the year in the latter 2 I'm so passionate fir then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow those are amazing grades! I think whatever GCSEs you end up doing you'll do great, hope they go well

ReputationRep:
    Wow those are amazing grades! I think whatever GCSEs you end up doing you'll do great, hope they go well
    Thanks ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.