Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yay! It's half term... :banana:
    Boo! Exams are looming... :unimpressed:

Are you planning on starting revision now? Will you be getting your notes all organised...Or maybe you'll be putting a revision plan together?

Alternatively are you seeing this as your last week of freedom before revision really kicks in?

ReputationRep:
    Revise around five hours every day, making up for time wasted earlier in the year. Though after the mocks I'll likely go back to my usual thing.

ReputationRep:
    I did four and a half hours today.

ReputationRep:
    Just had my half term. Just worked on my project for one of my subjects and forgot about the rest

ReputationRep:
    I had a plan to do at least two hours today but spent that time on TSR...
    What shall I do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x
    I am trying to condense my whole AS Biology subject into one half term, so far so good
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I'll be mainly working on my coursework but I'm starting to condense my notes and add to the flashcards I made for my mocks :awesome:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Adamski2409)
    I had a plan to do at least two hours today but spent that time on TSR...
    What shall I do now?
    There's still plenty of time in the day, try doing some pomodoros :awesome: get rid of all distractions and turn off all technology, then work solidly for 25 mins (it doesn't even sound like that long!), then have a 5 minute break, then repeat 4 times and then have a 25 minute break

ReputationRep:
    going to try hit 8 hours a day so that I can have a chill Summer

ReputationRep:
    Gonna try and complete all the questions in the AS maths books.

ReputationRep:
    I've been away for the weekend, but "luckily" most of my mates are away all week, leaving me with family and revision, so I'll choose the latter...

Pretty much 4 hours today, and I've been making notes, which shouldn't take too long, then I'm going to murder as many past papers as the current number of trees in the world will allow:nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    There's still plenty of time in the day, try doing some pomodoros :awesome: get rid of all distractions and turn off all technology, then work solidly for 25 mins (it doesn't even sound like that long!), then have a 5 minute break, then repeat 4 times and then have a 25 minute break
    Thanks, I get distracted easily. I reckon I'm gonna do my History homework (essay on immigration after WW2 basically)
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    I've been away for the weekend, but "luckily" most of my mates are away all week, leaving me with family and revision, so I'll choose the latter...

Pretty much 4 hours today, and I've been making notes, which shouldn't take too long, then I'm going to murder as many past papers as the current number of trees in the world will allow:nopity:
    Wow you killed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski2409)
    Wow you killed it!
    It's a necessary evil...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    It's a necessary evil...
    lol.
    I can barely do two hours...

ReputationRep:
    I'm blaming it on the flu and I don't want to revise But I killed all my practise exams and I probably revise for 5 minutes just before the exams. If I follow that technique, I normally get a few marks off a full house .

ReputationRep:
    I just spent the past 2hrs revising Biology.- Will probably try and do 4 more hours tonight so I can make up for the time I wasted this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I only did 3 hours today which definitely wasnt enough to make up for all the wasted months ugh. Signed up to a library today so hopefully tomorrow and the following days I'll be doing 6+ hours!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm making myself some tea or coffee now and shall work for the next few hours. Need to make up for lost time but it's there's just so much to learn and not enough time. Hopefully if I start revision now I can get dem As

ReputationRep:
    I do three A2 subjects, with two topics within them for two and three topics for one of them (lol maths). I've decided to do two subjects per day by doing one topic between them. If I didn't do the subject today, then I'll definitely do it tomorrow. Unfortunately, up until today I've been messing about with revision - I'm particularly behind on my government and politics notes Off topic but if anyone would like to point me in the direction of good notes for Edexcel's political ideologies exams, it will be appreciated!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.