Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

3 hospitals and a school targeted by Russian jets in a single day! watch

ReputationRep:
    Seven people have died in an air strike on a Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in northern Syria, the organisation said, calling it a "deliberate" attack.

MSF said Syria's government or Russia was behind the raid in Maarat al-Numan. There has been no response from either.A further eight people are missing from the raid, the medical charity said.

Separate strikes on a hospital in the same town, as well as on a hospital and school in Azaz, killed at least 12 people, activists and witnesses said.The raids in northern Syria come days after Russia and other world powers agreed to a limited cessation of hostilities, to begin later this week.

Almost five years of civil war in Syria have led to the deaths of more than 250,000 people. More than 11 million people have been displaced.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35579767

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newtons law)
    que the dipsticks who will still come here and say "but but but assad is the lesser evil..." even when hes the biggest murderer in this war by farrr
    Que?

ReputationRep:
    I cried reading this today. **** this. I'm hearing stories of people eating cats and dogs to even stay alive in Syria. Jesus Christ,where is our humanity. **** Isis,**** Assad, this is so depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Seven people have died in an air strike on a Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in northern Syria, the organisation said, calling it a "deliberate" attack.

MSF said Syria's government or Russia was behind the raid in Maarat al-Numan. There has been no response from either.A further eight people are missing from the raid, the medical charity said.

Separate strikes on a hospital in the same town, as well as on a hospital and school in Azaz, killed at least 12 people, activists and witnesses said.The raids in northern Syria come days after Russia and other world powers agreed to a limited cessation of hostilities, to begin later this week.

Almost five years of civil war in Syria have led to the deaths of more than 250,000 people. More than 11 million people have been displaced.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35579767
    Not saying this is my absolute opinion but what about all of the successful airstrikes that Russia has conducted against ISIS? War will always bring collateral damage.

ReputationRep:
    Just propaganda ...

ReputationRep:
    vast majority of russian strikes havent been aimed at ISIS. "we're bombing ISIS" is mostly putin's excuse to bomb the syrian opposition.
    How do you know that? Apart from some sort of bias you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyylmaoo)
    Not saying this is my absolute opinion but what about all of the successful airstrikes that Russia has conducted against ISIS? War will always bring collateral damage.
    What strikes? Russia are barely involved in fighting ISIS and for every militant they kill, 2 civilians are also killed.

Also, 3 hospitals and a school (there are even reports it's more than 1) destroyed in a single day is not collateral damage. Those strikes are deliberate.

ReputationRep:
    so sad May He give them victory and justice

ReputationRep:
    What strikes? Russia are barely involved in fighting ISIS and for every militant they kill, 2 civilians are also killed.

Also, 3 hospitals and a school (there are even reports it's more than 1) destroyed in a single day is not collateral damage. Those strikes are deliberate.
    Fairly sure it's been all over BBC that Russia has been bombing ISIS. For every militant they kill, 2 civilians are also killed? That's a pretty big claim to make, any facts to back that up? I wouldn't speculate until we know the full picture, there are a lot more factors to consider than jumping to the conclusion that it was deliberate, but I guess making up your mind that it was deliberate just adheres to the confirmation bias you appear to have.

ReputationRep:
    because everyone appart from russia and assad say this. people tracked russian air strikes and made a colourful chart to show where they've been hitting.

you instantly accusing me of bias because i posted something contrary shows that you have more bias than i ever will son.
    You don't think countries who report this sort of stuff against Russia/Assad have any sort of agenda / vested interest in dominating the region either? Reference the chart then. No I accuse you of bias because you haven't cited any sources despite your pretty audacious claim that the vast majority of russian air strikes haven't targeted ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that? Apart from some sort of bias you have?
    You mean apart from the fact that Russia has been mostly bombing in areas where ISIS don't even operate?

Just because you (rightly) can't stand ISIS it doesn't mean you automatically have to condone Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Fairly sure it's been all over BBC that Russia has been bombing ISIS. For every militant they kill, 2 civilians are also killed? That's a pretty big claim to make, any facts to back that up? I wouldn't speculate until we know the full picture, there are a lot more factors to consider than jumping to the conclusion that it was deliberate, but I guess making up your mind that it was deliberate just adheres to the confirmation bias you appear to have.
    Sorry, it's actually 1 in 3 are civilians which is still horrendously bad.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...1000-civilians

What exactly is the full picture? You think bombing 3 hospitals on the same day is a coincidence? Seriously, face up to the facts. The Russian regime and their allies are criminals who need to be brought to justice. Whether anyone is brave enough to do so however, we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    vast majority of russian strikes havent been aimed at ISIS. "we're bombing ISIS" is mostly putin's excuse to bomb the syrian opposition.
    So, how are fighters rebellious against their government better than terrorists? Both groups pose danger to the government and should be exterminated.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, it's actually 1 in 3 are civilians which is still horrendously bad.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...1000-civilians

What exactly is the full picture? You think bombing 3 hospitals on the same day is a coincidence? Seriously, face up to the facts. The Russian regime and their allies are criminals who need to be brought to justice. Whether anyone is brave enough to do so however, we'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah - figures from SOHR, a west backed organisation which routinely includes opposition combatant figures in its civilian death figures to inflate them. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate. If you want to bring Russia to justice then you'll need to bring pretty much all other "moderate" opposition groups, ISIS and the Assad regime to trial.

ReputationRep:
    War. War never changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Just propaganda ...
    I doubt it - too many international NGOs known for their independence are involved and confirming the story. Earlier this evening a woman from a major charity in Syria who support one of the hospitals was telling the story of what she'd seen on site and it is absolutely dreadful.

Putin's Russia has moved beyond gangsterism into a sort of extreme fascist contempt and savagery. These are barbarian acts carried out with total contempt for the weak and suffering, directed by evil people.

I can't see how it's possible that we continue to maintain the sham of diplomatic relations and diplomacy with these cruel thugs.

No doubt RT will be in full cynical lying mode this evening. :rolleyes: How can British journalistic staff possibly justify working there to themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I doubt it - too many international NGOs known for their independence are involved and confirming the story. Earlier this evening a woman from a major charity in Syria who support one of the hospitals was telling the story of what she'd seen on site and it is absolutely dreadful.

Putin's Russia has moved beyond gangsterism into a sort of extreme fascist contempt and savagery. These are barbarian acts carried out with total contempt for the weak and suffering, directed by evil people.

I can't see how it's possible that we continue to maintain the sham of diplomatic relations and diplomacy with these cruel thugs.

No doubt RT will be in full cynical lying mode this evening. :rolleyes: How can British journalistic staff possibly justify working there to themselves?
    Look it is a war zone and I agree with most of your comments.

when the Russians do it the American owned media takes advantage
    when the Americans do it, the Muslim movements take advantage
    when the Muslims do it, .... and so on

ReputationRep:
    "3 hospitals and a school targeted by Russian jets in a single day!"
    "MSF said Syria's government or Russia was behind the raid"

Can we not just automatically blame Russia? That is a very click-baity title.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1455562462692.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  38.9 KB

"Let your loving-kindness flow outward through the universe,To its height, its depth, its broad extent, A limitless loving-kindness without hatred or enmity. Then as you stand or walk, Sit or lie down, As long as you are awake, Strive for this with a one-pointed mind; Your life will bring heaven to earth."

-Buddha-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feel so sorry for the poor Syrians. ****'s too ****ed up. God help these people :sad:

Russia should be shamed in strong terms but it's not the only country who's got it wrong of course, plenty others have blood on their hands

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.