Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really like a girl who is leaving Watch

Announcements

I've fallen for a girl who's on her Erasmus year here. She's leaving in June and is adamant she won't be returning as she's had some bad experiences here, and has better prospects in her own country work-wise.
    However, I really like her and she likes me too.. and we slept together recently. We know we shouldn't have done, but we were really drunk and it just happened.

She's said that if she were staying here she have liked to be with me, but she doesn't want to get into anything serious then leave, because she's certain she's not going.

I've already accepted she's going and won't be coming back ,and I totally understand. I'd probably have done the same thing if I were her... we are still talking a lot though and flirting a little bit. I was absolutely devastated the first couple of days but I'm getting a little better.
    She really wants to be friends, do you think it's worth it? She's got 4 months left here, and I think i'd be more sad to never see her again than to be just friends; at least I'd still get to spend time with her.

What do you guys think?

My friend said we should date each other until then, and at least we'll get to spend some time together.. but we both want a serious, long-term thing. So I don't think that's a good idea..

ReputationRep:
    Interesting and sad situation, I pity you sir, you can't even go to her country because it's too early and would be creepy... If you stay friends there's always the chance you could visit her in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, be friends. It pays to have friends around the world.

Its a terrible situation to be in though

ReputationRep:
    moist

It is Because Iknow she would have been perfect for me.. she is lovely in every way. I suppose sometmes it's the right person but the wrong timing. It's hard, but I think if we don't stay friends, I'll spend time wondering what might have been. Thanks

What is funny though is that I was planning to go to her country to work anyway (eve nbefore I met her..) because I used to live there and miss it. So, ther eis a chance..

bump

Just got an update, I've got a job interview in her home country; the job would be for later this summer/September. I just told her and she said that was awesome. I don't know if she plans to go back to her home country right away in June, but she definitely wants to go there and study for a couple of years, and stay in the country..
    Do you think this changes much? Of course it's not definite that I'll get a job there, but I wanted to anyone even before I met her,though this gives me a greater motivation. Do you think this measn there is a chance?

And she's insisted again that she really wants us to be friends. I thought she might want to keep her distance or something, but she said not at all. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to accept that you're not going to be with her. Go for the job in her country if you want but don't do it just to try to get with her.

Personally, I think I'd have to keep my distance but if you think you can be friends knowing it will never be move than that go for it.

Thanks for your reply... yeah.. even if I wasn't into her, I'd still want to go to the country; I lived there for a few years and I really miss it. If I find that it's too difficult to be friends then I will have to stop seeing her. Because the last time we saw each other we were drunk, and we first admitted our feelings and kissed, and then later on we ended up spending the night together. I think I'm just worried that something like that will happen again, since we are attracted to each other, and then we'll end up again saying we shouldn't have done it, etc.

bump

ReputationRep:
    Just live over there with her and be together in her country? Which country is she from?

France..
    I don't think I can suggest that, it would seem so creepy as we haven't known each other that long lol..
    but anyway I used to live in France and was thinking of going back there to work even before I met her.. I've told her this but I don't know if it changes anything; she hasn't said much about it in relation to me and her..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.