Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Says he wants to marry me? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I've only been with my boyfriend for five months, known him for seven months. Are bond is literally so strong and we see each other three times a week, two after work and then an evening and the next day together. We text and call each other too when we are not together.

We have over this time become inseparable and we literally fit together like two peas in a pod. He says he wants to marry me, that we are going to move together after being together for two years, and he wants kids too. He brings it up with no mention from me. He talks to me about everything, from what cake he wants at our wedding, and even brings up house websites and we browse through houses together online to get an idea about where we want to live plus prices.

Is he really serious about me or should I still be cautious?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by louisemurs)
    So basically I've only been with my boyfriend for five months, known him for seven months. Are bond is literally so strong and we see each other three times a week, two after work and then an evening and the next day together. We text and call each other too when we are not together.

We have over this time become inseparable and we literally fit together like two peas in a pod. He says he wants to marry me, that we are going to move together after being together for two years, and he wants kids too. He brings it up with no mention from me. He talks to me about everything, from what cake he wants at our wedding, and even brings up house websites and we browse through houses together online to get an idea about where we want to live plus prices.

Is he really serious about me or should I still be cautious?
    Be cautious, you have only been together five months so it is early days, a lot can happen in the future. Best thing to do for now is enjoy each others company and live your lives to the full.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above, enjoy being together right now and just see what happens in the future. No point making too many plans. Remember that what YOU want is important too, don't let him push you into anything you don't naturally want.

ReputationRep:
    If i was dating someone for 5 months and they were making all these plans i would run for the hills.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with everyone above. Most people are making judgements based on how early it is, but if you see each other for three days a week it is not actually early.

E.g lets say you've been with your partner for 1 year but you see him 1 day a week

So you see him 52 times a year

Lets say you see him 3 times a week

Over a period of 5 months (roughly 24ish weeks?)

24 x 3 = 72

That's more than enough time to know someone and get close enough to them to want to marry them imo

ReputationRep:
    Honey moon stage is the best.

Their just words but I don't think you should be cautious just enjoy the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cute. He is clearly really into you.

ReputationRep:
    Get down on one knee in front of him and tie your shoe for banta.

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpeg R9OPyqh_.jpeg (16.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Be quite cautious. Perhaps move in and see how it goes for a while- You can't marry the guy if you don't know how he lives! From previous experience, even the nicest people have horrible habits (cousins looking right at you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Honey moon stage is the best.

Their just words but I don't think you should be cautious just enjoy the moment.
    If they've been seeing each other 3x a week for 5 months honey moon stage might already be over, the reason honey moon stage lasts so long, particularly in LDR is because of the duration between dosages, it's like taking heroin once a week for 8 months vs taking it five days for 2 months, you build a tolerance quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    If they've been seeing each other 3x a week for 5 months honey moon stage might already be over, the reason honey moon stage lasts so long, particularly in LDR is because of the duration between dosages, it's like taking heroin once a week for 8 months vs taking it five days for 2 months, you build a tolerance quicker.
    Pretty sure honey moon lasts six months. And if it's long distance it will probably last longer.
    That's why I think it's just words. I'd be married 259 times by now lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    Get down on one knee in front of him and tie your shoe for banta.

I'm not surprised I already repped you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Pretty sure honey moon lasts six months. And if it's long distance it will probably last longer.
    That's why I think it's just words. I'd be married 259 times by now lol.
    That's completely arbitrary,

6 months

How many times per week and how much time during each?

If we go based on total amount of time, let's say I see someone for 2 hours a week for 6 months, I see them for 52 hours (2 x 26, 26 being the amount of weeks roughly)

It's quite possible to be with someone for 52 hours in a space of two weeks if you spend weekends with them etc, hell if you're completely crazy and dependent you could do it in a week.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he doesn't ask you to make him a cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    I think thats cute haha me and my bf do the same stuff but in a half-jokey way, like looking at honeymoon places etc.
    But if he's dead serious then its better to be cautious, just enjoy each others presence and see what happens in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    That's completely arbitrary,

6 months

How many times per week and how much time during each?

If we go based on total amount of time, let's say I see someone for 2 hours a week for 6 months, I see them for 52 hours (2 x 26, 26 being the amount of weeks roughly)

It's quite possible to be with someone for 52 hours in a space of two weeks if you spend weekends with them etc, hell if you're completely crazy and dependent you could do it in a week.
    i don't think it matters how long you're with someone...in those six months or so you're in a high. You can be with them 24/7, you'll have that high of lovey Doveyness. Eventually that feeling dies down.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.