The Student Room Group

Medicine volunteering problems

Everyone keeps saying to me that you won't get accepted if you have no volunteer work and it's really started to worry me that i won't get into med school without it. I have tried most of the places by home and haven't had a reply from any so there's nothing really much i can do. Any advice??

Ps. Me and my friend both tried for this hospice volunteering and she has been offered it but i haven't heard anything and it's been a few months. Should i email them to check if they got my application or is that rude? If i should email them, any advice on how to phrase the email as i don't want to come across rude.
What I usually do is send a paper application with post it note telling them to email a a confirmation of receipt (email me saying they got it...) If there is no email in a few days, I usually make a phone call. It's much more direct... And they can hear the passion in your voice...

In your case, drop an email saying that you've been anxiously waiting for a reply because you'd love the opportunity to help/work with/shadow a professional to gain vital knowledge of the field and to prove to yourself that this really is for you.
Original post by AMaster1
What I usually do is send a paper application with post it note telling them to email a a confirmation of receipt (email me saying they got it...) If there is no email in a few days, I usually make a phone call. It's much more direct... And they can hear the passion in your voice...

In your case, drop an email saying that you've been anxiously waiting for a reply because you'd love the opportunity to help/work with/shadow a professional to gain vital knowledge of the field and to prove to yourself that this really is for you.

OK, thanks for the help! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending