Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyone keeps saying to me that you won't get accepted if you have no volunteer work and it's really started to worry me that i won't get into med school without it. I have tried most of the places by home and haven't had a reply from any so there's nothing really much i can do. Any advice??

Ps. Me and my friend both tried for this hospice volunteering and she has been offered it but i haven't heard anything and it's been a few months. Should i email them to check if they got my application or is that rude? If i should email them, any advice on how to phrase the email as i don't want to come across rude.

ReputationRep:
    What I usually do is send a paper application with post it note telling them to email a a confirmation of receipt (email me saying they got it...) If there is no email in a few days, I usually make a phone call. It's much more direct... And they can hear the passion in your voice...

In your case, drop an email saying that you've been anxiously waiting for a reply because you'd love the opportunity to help/work with/shadow a professional to gain vital knowledge of the field and to prove to yourself that this really is for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMaster1)
    What I usually do is send a paper application with post it note telling them to email a a confirmation of receipt (email me saying they got it...) If there is no email in a few days, I usually make a phone call. It's much more direct... And they can hear the passion in your voice...

In your case, drop an email saying that you've been anxiously waiting for a reply because you'd love the opportunity to help/work with/shadow a professional to gain vital knowledge of the field and to prove to yourself that this really is for you.
    OK, thanks for the help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.