Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to narrow down all the accommodations to brayford quays and Lincoln courts but im undecided between the two and there isn't much information or many pictures on them which makes my decision harder. If anyone has lived there or visted please can you help!! What's the brayford quays gym like? What's the wifi like? How big are the rooms? What are the en suites like? Is it noisy? Is it good value for money? Is the shorter contract on the courts an annoyance? If anyone could answer any of these questions or give anymore information that'd be great and help a lot
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking around the accomodation for September as a first year and feel Brayford Quay is much better quality than the Lincoln Courts. It is just across the water, the staff are friendly and at least you can go home for the evening and chill, not feeling as though you are still on campus. Lincoln courts seemed very basic, not only the showers but the kitchens etc and very lived in. Brayford Quay is nearer to night life if you go out and nearer to town, when I visited I didn't find any noisy and I went twice. If you're coming from far away it'll probably be a struggle to view them all, hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I live in Brayford Quay and am currently in my second year. I lived here last year too and up until recently my intention was to stay here next year but live in a studio as opposed to a flat but due to personal reasons I am not doing that anymore. The rooms are of a really good size, I have close friends in courts and their rooms always feels cramped and cluttered whereas everyone's room I have been in a Brayford are always really well laid out with huge desks, enough storage and plenty of floor room. The WiFi has significantly improved this year, last year it was only broadband which you had to connect an ethernet cable to your laptop in order to use, if you wanted WiFi the flats split the price of a hub but this year there is WiFi in all rooms, the common room, the laundry room etc so its a lot more convenient. The location is perfect too, even if you don't get a room with a view, all you need to do is walk a minute and you'll be right on the Brayford which is gorgeous in the summer. As for the ensuite, I might be bias as I hate wet rooms which are what courts have, but they are big enough for whats needed. They aren't huge, but they are bigger than courts and you have the benefit of your own shower. It is one of the cheaper accommodation, I pay £106 a week for my room, an increase of £3 a week from last year and for what you get its perfect. There is noise, obviously on student nights you get the odd drunk group of friends leaving or passing through, but it is a much more relaxed atmosphere than courts yet you never feel like you're missing out on the night life. A thing that puts a lot of people off is the fact that there always seems to be more pre drink parties in court, but you'll be making friends on your course of which one or more will be likely to live there so just go to their parties! Saying that we had a few good pre drink nights before going out so yeah I would definitely recommend bradford!

ReputationRep:
    I've visited both courts and brayford (both guided tours and to visit friends) but decided on Junxions for the past two years in the end. I'll try help though my opinion doesn't differ much from the previous two responses. For your first year the social atmosphere of courts gets pretty bigged up, it's the "student experience" to a T but the quality of acc. isn't quite as great as some of the privately owned companies that work with the uni like brayford. If you're lucky there are some brand new courts that are pretty great but the older ones are rather shabby and not too homely. Brayford was definitely the better of the two for comfort of accommodation and i personally think a better location and more modern.

ReputationRep:
    As a second year who has lived in courts for first year and is currently living in Brayford Quays for my second, Brayford is hands down the best. Courts felt like a prison, smelt like damp, maintenance was useless, the wet rooms were awful, the beds were painful, the only good thing about it was the size of the desk if anything.

Socially, courts is great, great for parties, great for pre drinks and it's on campus so it allows you time to make yourself familiar with it without too much effort. I currently pay £110 a week for a standard room with ensuite, I was lucky enough to get a nice view of the marina without having to pay extra! The rooms are pretty sound proof, beds are spot on, no complaints about the showers and the size of the room is way better than courts.

My only complaint is that the kitchen in Brayford is quite cramped and gets messy super super easily! Having gone from an XL kitchen with enough room to throw a huge party to a kitchen where it's cramped with 4 people maximum is quite crappy. Overall Brayford is the choice for comfort and happiness, courts is social and getting familiar with campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.