Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it better to be famous or not famous? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if you're famous for a good reason?

I'm not famous and have nae pals. I'd like more pals maybe. Hard to say as I'm autistic.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone on here is famous, so I doubt we'd know how to answer. Are you equating having 'pals' with being famous?

ReputationRep:
    pros and cons to both i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Don't think anyone on here is famous, so I doubt we'd know how to answer. Are you equating having 'pals' with being famous?
    no to the question

ReputationRep:
    Does being famous at school count? :smug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pls :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere in the middle is best.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to be famous.
    The thought of never being just left alone if I left the house is enough to make me isolate myself.

ReputationRep:
    You can be good famous like Malala, or bad famous like a Kardashian

ReputationRep:
    I would want to be famous. I'd want to be known by a lot of people for the work I have done or what I have accomplished. Through this I would hope to inspire, motivate and encourage others to do and live however they wish to. I do not, however, would like to be desired (sexually), stalked/harassed by people.

But...I do like the idea of living in complete isolation, with no one knowing my name or anything about me...

Aaahhhhh the struggle...

ReputationRep:
    it's better to be happy. Some people like everyone talking about them but a lot of them seem to have low self-esteem so they still aren't happy. Some people don't like to be talked about.

If you're happy with yourself who cares about being famous.

If fame means having no privacy, then I don't think fame is ever the better option, whatever you're famous for.

Also, you can have friends without being famous. :yep:

(Original post by Mayhem™)
    Does being famous at school count? :smug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pls :lol:
    You're pretty famous on TSR, to be fair. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    You're pretty famous on TSR, to be fair. :lol:
    Why thank you, I'm flattered :teehee:.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my anonymity so wouldn't want to be famous. Need my peace n quiet to stay sane lol.

ReputationRep:
    Would never want be famous. I HATE HATE having any attention on me. I'd rather be invisible and have a few close friends who know me really well then putting myself out there and getting critiqued for it, you have to have a thick skin and I couldn't handle that.

ReputationRep:
    If I was to be famous I'd want to be youtube famous. With that, you get people going "hey you're that dude from the thing" and that's all cool like, but if you're like film famous or something you get paparazzi and press coverage and stuff and it's a pain in the arse, whereas if you're an internet dude that's sorta limited.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.