Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to not wear pyjamas at home? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i love wearing pyjama sets they're girly and cute. i suppose for a girl its different for a guy, my 15 year old brother sometimes walks around in them when he thinks no ones around lol, its not a nice sight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    hahaha i need that freedom the thin, small ones give though
    Yeah but at home:

Freedom with just thick boxers > freedom with thin boxers and clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah but at home:

Freedom with just thick boxers > freedom with thin boxers and clothes
    ayy thats some legit thinking there

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear just PJs but since about 14 years of age I've had to wear something to cover up my crotch (i.e. dressing gown), otherwise I'd feel awkward walking around my family with a very noticeable bulge. There's no way I could just wear boxers, as I'd be dangling out the legs. It was my biggest fear in high school changing rooms, so much so that I had to wear extra-long boxers on PE days. I know that it happened a few times too, but nobody would laugh out about catching a glimpse. That was the least of my crotch-related troubles in PE too #smallpenisenvy

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear a silk nightie but pyjamas when it's alot colder. I guess it's not weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george-90)
    I used to wear just PJs but since about 14 years of age I've had to wear something to cover up my crotch (i.e. dressing gown), otherwise I'd feel awkward walking around my family with a very noticeable bulge. There's no way I could just wear boxers, as I'd be dangling out the legs. It was my biggest fear in high school changing rooms, so much so that I had to wear extra-long boxers on PE days. I know that it happened a few times too, but nobody would laugh out about catching a glimpse. That was the least of my crotch-related troubles in PE too #smallpenisenvy
    What did I just read?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I usually wear a silk nightie but pyjamas when it's alot colder. I guess it's not weird
    Lol it's not really the same as wearing boxers lol

But thanks for saying it's not weird YAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george-90)
    Casually suggesting you have a foot long lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    I wear pjs. They're fun. They're cool. Especially when they're spongebob ones. You should invest in some
    im wearing my spongebob ones now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What did I just read?!
    A candid comment about my troubles with pyjamas and underwear which is, as far as I am aware, absolutely relevant to the current discussion. Many girls don't realise the troubles that a lot of males have to go through to appear decent. How would you feel if you had a camel toe on show all the time in pyjamas, underwear, and PE shorts?

ReputationRep:
    Pjymas are comfortable to wear but I usually wear joggers and a t-shirt

ReputationRep:
    I wear leggings and a top, then pyjamas for bedtime.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is cold af now especially becaus the central heating at home is pretty awful, but what can you do. It's usually manageable and in the summer it's an advantage to not have to wear any actual clothes apart from essentials.

the socks aren't actually allowed in my school (black socks only) but no one obeys that rule anyway lol I am such a lad
    Seriously WTF your parents tell you to not wear PJs even though your central heating is bad?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the comments, it seems this is way more 'normal' than I imagined.

ReputationRep:
    I own and wear pajamas and yet I never sleep in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    Looking at the comments, it seems this is way more 'normal' than I imagined.
    Yeah but you're a girl. Guys don't wear as much clothing at home, usually

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you're a girl. Guys don't wear as much clothing at home, usually
    Yeah that's the point, I thought they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayed0123)
    Seriously WTF your parents tell you to not wear PJs even though your central heating is bad?
    My central heating is pretty bad so the house is often cold during some days and at night. But I don't have any PJs at home so I stay in my boxers and just get used to the temperature. If it's really cold I might put on a pair of old trousers

My parents don't force me and bro to not wear PJs LOL they just told me there's no point because we're both guys so no need to really cover up anything except the essentials. Plus there's less laundry that needs to be done- which is a big plus since that's my chore haha

Anyway, try wearing boxers you might actually find it convenient and it's Eco friendly

ReputationRep:
    My central heating is pretty bad so the house is often cold during some days and at night. But I don't have any PJs at home so I stay in my boxers and just get used to the temperature. If it's really cold I might put on a pair of old trousers

My parents don't force me and bro to not wear PJs LOL they just told me there's no point because we're both guys so no need to really cover up anything except the essentials. Plus there's less laundry that needs to be done- which is a big plus since that's my chore haha

Anyway, try wearing boxers you might actually find it convenient and it's Eco friendly
    ?
    You're a bit of a special snowflake aren't ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayed0123)
    ?
    You're a bit of a special snowflake aren't ya
    It is eco friendly though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.