Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to apply for medicine with an access to science course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    Is it possible to apply for medicine with an access to science course?
    What happened to Southampton?
    Did you get an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean access to science or access to medicine?

Myself, I began an access to science course at a local college before realising that it wasn't going to work. I dropped out just before i had to start paying and applied to the most commonly mentioned access to medicine courses, which are The Manchester College, College of West Anglia and Sussex Downs. I took up a place on the sussex downs one and highly recommend it. I got my first offer for medicine from Manchester uni last night and am waiting to hear back from my other interviews.

If you're on an access to science course I would obviously stick with it and see what you can do with it, as access courses are uncommon you are best directly contacting medical schools and asking them what they think/ what you can do to better your chances.

This is a guide to which universities accept which access courses, it is broadly accurate but you should still check with individual unis:
    http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...%20courses.pdf

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.