Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So since she didn't touch me back, she doesn't like me in that way? Watch

Announcements

I thought things were developing well between us. She has this male friend that I've spoken to too and it seems like she treats me differently. I feel as if she's more attentive with me, but of course I could be completely wrong.

She tends to sit next to me too. Like if I'm in the classroom before her, she'll come sit next to me.

Anyway, this happened once and at one point I touched her knee. She didn't move or seem disgusted/awkward or anything... but I reckon she did realise it.

Now I've heard that if you touch a girl and even if she doesn't pull away, you're in the friendzone... is that the case do you think?

ReputationRep:
    nerves maybe

ReputationRep:
    Are you 14? if you are you should focus on getting all A*'s in your GCSE's then focus on whether a girl likes you because you touched her knee and she didn't move away. She probably thought it was unintentional

ReputationRep:
    no if a guy touches a girl some girls tend to just ignore it but notice it as they get shy or dont know how to respond, what do you expect her to do, touch your knee back?

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's true, touching a girl automatically puts you in the friend zone *sarcasm*.

There might be a number of reasons why she didn't touch you back. Personally if some guy put his hand on my knee I'd feel awkward and wouldn't touch him back. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

ReputationRep:
    I think because you randomly touched her knee she was probably a bit confused. I think you should try flirting before touching because it's more of a normal way to do things :') if a person who never flirted with me just touched my knee I'd be confused

(Original post by chikane)
    Are you 14? if you are you should focus on getting all A*'s in your GCSE's then focus on whether a girl likes you because you touched her knee and she didn't move away. She probably thought it was unintentional
    How can touching someone on the knee be "unintentional". I didn't brush up against in accidentally lol, it was clear that it was on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How can touching someone on the knee be "unintentional". I didn't brush up against in accidentally lol, it was clear that it was on purpose.
    Maybe she thinks that i can't read her thoughts. Just ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    ugggghhh I hate it when guys do this

particularly when they don't acknowledge the fact (does that make sense) that they are doing it

INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: like wow you think you are being real sly there let's all just ignore it even though we all know what is happening like man what whatytttttttt .....maybe if I ignore it it will go away??? HLP maybe he doesn't realise wtf is happening lmao faaacckkk this is awks k k k k k k k

not sure if there was a point to this, wondering if others might relate :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.