The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs UEA for Medicine

Hey guys!
I have received offers from Nottingham and East Anglia to study medicine and I'm trying to choose between the two. I would like to ask if any medical students currently studying at either if the two universities could offer some advice, pros and cons of teaching styles, opinion of student union, cities etc
Wishing the best of luck to all my fellow applicants waiting for decisionsxxxx
Reply 1
Guys any help would be much appreciated xx
Original post by MevMev
Hey guys!
I have received offers from Nottingham and East Anglia to study medicine and I'm trying to choose between the two. I would like to ask if any medical students currently studying at either if the two universities could offer some advice, pros and cons of teaching styles, opinion of student union, cities etc
Wishing the best of luck to all my fellow applicants waiting for decisionsxxxx

Hello MevMev.

Have you visited both of the universities for an Open Day and an Applicant Day? If we're pitching for UEA we would certainly shout about the levels of great student satisfaction our current students report back to us, and the student experience. We're one of the best in the country for that according to the league tables. You're also going to be studying at one that appears in the Top 20 for other league tables.

Personally I'm a big fan of this webpage of Instagram pictures which shows why we have a beautiful campus and beautiful city to study in: http://www.thedailytouch.com/lydia-brannen/22-instagrams-that-prove-norwich-is-the-best-place-to-be-a-student

When choosing somewhere to study it's as much about the institution as it is about how happy you're going to be here, the opportunities and student experience, and factors like the cost of living. We think we've got it all covered here :smile:

Drop us a PM if you have any specific questions!
Reply 3
Original post by MevMev
Guys any help would be much appreciated xx

There's some pros and cons here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=812998

Quick Reply

Latest