Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know there are loads of threads in this topic but i need advice on my particular circumstances.

So i went for an interview at a niche law firm, this place only has about 5 employees and during the interview they told me that they deal with few claims but high value, so safe to say they're not snowed under with new clients.
    I thouhht the first interview with the owner went fantasticly, this was confirmed when i got a phone call 6 days later for second interview.

The second interview i thought went even better! This time with another solicitor who working there. Once we'd finished she told me that they would be in touch soon.

Now this was almost 2 week ago, normally i wouldnt mind; but the first time i was contacted pretty soon and this time there were less to interview a second time, i thought it went really well, which i was right about the first time and theyre not inundated with clients. I emailed them very politley thanking them for interviewing me and asking for a time frame as to when a decision would be reached at midday on friday, now monday evening and still no reply.

My question is, does this seem like a long time to you without any response considering the nature of the company, if they didnt want me surely they would have been in touch all the same, or am i being silly?

(Apologies for spelling/gramma mistakes, long day)

ReputationRep:
    Call them at the beginning of next week and ask when you might hear back, waiting just over two weeks is reasonable.

All it can take is someone being on holiday or off sick (it is currently half term for a lot of people, so quite likely that someone is out of the office) and these things can be delayed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't mean they don't want you.

It sounds like you did well.

Very like the person that had to make a decision was on leave or had to go home to sort out her kid, something like that.

Email Weds saying positive things, when can you expect a decision and they should respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.