Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Styling a bob haircut...advice please? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently had my hair cut into an asymmetric bob (with no layers or bangs) and my hair is dark brown. I cut it to show my support for cancer sufferers and also donated money and the hair.

I knew id hate the cut because my hair was 28'' long before and now falls at 11.5''.

I feel really un-feminine and have tried to follow loads of tutorials on youtube but its at an awkward inbetween length so extensions won't blend (i don't want to use these anyway because it will ruin the condition of my hair) and styling doesn't last more than 1 hour.

Something else that bothers me is that i have to use more heat on it because i can't just put it up it's too short.

Anyone have any advice- thanks!

ReputationRep:
    this was mine and it used to be way shorter, just a matter of growing it out

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Love those colours! Well i like yours so maybe i just don't like the colour i have in this cut....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Love those colours! Well i like yours so maybe i just don't like the colour i have in this cut....
    aw thanks, they faded quick though.
    iv had many different colours and turquoise works better and is nearly permanent

try differnet colours, it can alter your who perceptive on a hair cut

i did hairdressing in college

ReputationRep:
    Ive got dark brown hair naturally and i put a red purple on that (Schwarzkopf cyber purple), followed by a dark brown (Schwarzkopf bitter sweet chocolate) which went black tbh but its faded to a deep red brown now. Bleaching it will be a nightmare!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.