Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is being vegan becoming a trend? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in my school are attempting to change their lifestyles to fit a vegan one. I have begun to see a trend in this and like with any regular trend feel pressured to follow it and my friends agree with me. Don't get me wrong, this just shows how the media could be used for good but i just can't ignore the claims by celebrities like Miley Cirus who says they are vegan but has been spotted wearing animal skin and feather clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't become vegan even if it meant breaking the law.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people are doing it as a trend- because they love superiority complex and because vegan youtubers like freeleethebananagirl bang on about how lean you can get.

Only true ethical vegans will stick to it long term because the missing meat and cheese ting will be too much for the vain / doing it to be cool kids.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the unnatural progression from the hipster plague.

Hopefully all the effeminate hippies will stop eating meat, demand will fall and all of us real humans will get loads of cheap meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    I suppose, just this once, the 12 year old kids on Call of Duty are correct

I do love the meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    I think some people are doing it as a trend- because they love superiority complex and because vegan youtubers like freeleethebananagirl bang on about how lean you can get.

Only true ethical vegans will stick to it long term because the missing meat and cheese ting will be too much for the vain / doing it to be cool kids.
    :lol: I recognise that name, I follow her partner (for the cycling, not the dieting)

Probably where she got the phrase from haha

ReputationRep:
    Why anyone would want to eat animals that have or that have had diseases, that have puss and boils in there skin...or have something in them that has suffered is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I suppose, just this once, the 12 year old kids on Call of Duty are correct

I do love the meat
    Can I be a 12 year old FIFA kid instead?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    stop bullying me pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Why anyone would want to eat animals that have or that have had diseases, that have puss and boils in there skin...or have something in them that has suffered is beyond me.
    Wow that's pretty rude of you towards animals :no:

ReputationRep:
    Can I be a 12 year old FIFA kid instead?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    stop bullying me pls
    Fine :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    :lol: I recognise that name, I follow her partner (for the cycling, not the dieting)

Probably where she got the phrase from haha
    Oh durian rider ? They're both so jacked up and high on carbs all the time.

I like them (durian and freeleethebananagirl) but they can get hugely overbearing. She was key in me becoming vegan but once I transitioned I literally couldn't face watching it because I do not wish to be a militant and in your face vegan who calls meat eaters murderers etc.

They should also be careful - they advise girls to eat like 3000kcal + a day in mostly sugary carbs and that is only really a good idea if you do as much exercise (specifically cycling) as they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Wow that's pretty rude of you towards animals :no:
    Idc about animals

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/OZ7wN_PAIuo

Your ok with consuming things that can have that on their bodies....ewa

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure some people are, personally I'm not I've been a vegetarian for over a year and genuinely don't want to do it for moral reasons

ReputationRep:
    Me and my dog (read the thread) are both vegan albeit only on day 3 of the 30-day challenge. I'm not craving meat, I feel super energetic and alert. I think people who eat animals are immoral and downright unethical.

Before you use animal milk for your cereal picture a newborn calf being ripped away from it's mother so that it doesn't drink YOUR milk.

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/OZ7wN_PAIuo

Your ok with consuming things that can have that on their bodies....ewa
    The chicken I had from KFC could have had 3 mental breakdowns and a broken leg; I'd still eat it.

ReputationRep:
    The chicken I had from KFC could have had 3 mental breakdowns and a broken leg; I'd still eat it.
    How do you know it didn't have disease and puss in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Oh durian rider ? They're both so jacked up and high on carbs all the time.

I like them (durian and freeleethebananagirl) but they can get hugely overbearing. She was key in me becoming vegan but once I transitioned I literally couldn't face watching it because I do not wish to be a militant and in your face vegan who calls meat eaters murderers etc.

They should also be careful - they advise girls to eat like 3000kcal + a day in mostly sugary carbs and that is only really a good idea if you do as much exercise (specifically cycling) as they do.
    Haha yeah I agree, some of his videos are just him repeating the same point over and over for 20 minutes. At least by the time I'm done watching I'll never forget the message :lol:

Dude's an absolute beast though, wish I had his stamina :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Idc about animals
    I care so much about animals that I want to hug them forever inside my belly.

You just call them pus-filled and diseased... for shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    Me and my dog (read the thread) are both vegan albeit only on day 3 of the 30-day challenge. I'm not craving meat, I feel super energetic and alert. I think people who eat animals are immoral and downright unethical.

Before you use animal milk for your cereal picture a newborn calf being ripped away from it's mother so that it doesn't drink YOUR milk.
    but don't you think its unfair to criticize what humans have been doing for a long time? Isn't it a decision you make?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.