Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being vegan becoming a trend? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    That's what you were trying to do? You are a lame. I wasn't even trying to preach to you...I don't care about animals, nor do I care about what you consume why would that affect me dumbass...just pointing out how gross it is.
    how emotionally unstable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    how emotionally unstable
    Says the one eating puss

ReputationRep:
    Life is temporary.
    Don't follow trends

ReputationRep:
    Says the one eating puss
    and now, how unsurprsingly immature

ReputationRep:
    Veganism has no benefit apart from the feeling that you not (in)directly killing the animal, of which it will be hanging on the shelfs of tesco for me to come and buy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    and now, how unsurprsingly immature
    Puss lips.

ReputationRep:
    Even if people are doing it for the wrong reasons at least they aren't eating the animals, I guess. However those doing it for "trendiness" most likely won't keep it up which is quite sad.

A lot of people are becoming more educated on the topic of veganism which is why a lot of people are choosing to change their lifestyles. If that kind of lifestyle isn't for you don't feel pressured to change just because of others especially if you feel "insuperior"; just as long as you support those who have decided to become vegan and not bash them.

I'm not 100% sure but clothes that look like animal skins could easily be faux (don't quote me on that though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    Veganism has no benefit apart from the feeling that you not (in)directly killing the animal, of which it will be hanging on the shelfs of tesco for me to come and buy it.
    This benefit can be enough for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicasulty)
    This benefit can be enough for some people.
    But farmers will not kill less animals because you are not eating animal prodcts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    do you think I would spend my time trying to convince a stranger on the internet about what to feed their dog if there wasn't a sufficient amount of reputable evidence that it's bad?

pls pls pls
    stop !!!!
    WHY DO YOU THINK I CARE SO MUCH
    IM NOT DOING THIS FOR THE BANTER
    IT'S GREAT THAT YOU'RE MAKING THIS CHANGE TO YOUR OWN DIET BUT IT'S NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUR DOG HE IS NOT A HUMAN
    If you only cared half this much for the millions of non-domesticated animals that are consumed on a global scale because they are not "cute" enough you would actually make a decent Human being.

ReputationRep:
    But farmers will not kill less animals because you are not eating animal prodcts
    Okay but some believe that buying meat is supporting animal killing, which is why people choose not to eat meat. Or they just aren't comfortable eating meat. (I'm not vegan but js)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    If you only cared half this much for the millions of non-domesticated animals that are consumed on a global scale because they are not "cute" enough you would actually make a decent Human being.
    Lol I actually don't eat meat, sooo

ReputationRep:
    it's basic supply and demand
    sure one individual won't make a difference, but it does add up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Probably the unnatural progression from the hipster plague.

Hopefully all the effeminate hippies will stop eating meat, demand will fall and all of us real humans will get loads of cheap meat
    So females aren't humans? But if the demand falls, firms would just produce less meat and keep the price the same after a while, i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celine--)
    A lot of people in my school are attempting to change their lifestyles to fit a vegan one. I have begun to see a trend in this and like with any regular trend feel pressured to follow it and my friends agree with me. Don't get me wrong, this just shows how the media could be used for good but i just can't ignore the claims by celebrities like Miley Cirus who says they are vegan but has been spotted wearing animal skin and feather clothes.
    I think that it is a trend. How many times have I seen the snapchat "Vegan Food". Please just stop. It is a trend now and whenever someone does take it up they just feel the need to mention it 24/7. Please do not try to impose your way of life upon me. Also usually if you are vegan you are definitely loaded or have enough money to think of concoctions in order to get more food. Try feeding a whole family on beans! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celine--)
    but don't you think its unfair to criticize what humans have been doing for a long time? Isn't it a decision you make?
    You could say the same about various traditions and institutions that we have already happily done away with.

ReputationRep:
    Considering the size of the vegan and vegetarian movement, farmers are certainly breeding and killing fewer animals as a result of our collective action.

ReputationRep:
    Says the one eating puss
    I think you mean pus. Puss is a cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I think you mean pus. Puss is a cat.
    Pussy is a cat

Pus lips*

ReputationRep:
    Pussy is a cat
    Among other things, yes. Puss is short for pussy, pus is an excretion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.