This discussion is closed.
tammypotato
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
is there any1 doing it? how r u revising for it? do u have any tips to answer the question?
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tammypotato)
is there any1 doing it? how r u revising for it? do u have any tips to answer the question?
yeh im doing it (tuesday?)
not even started mod 5 yet as all my exams are so close togethere so ive been revising other stuff.. is it difficult? :confused:
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
not even started mod 5 yet as all my exams are so close togethere so ive been revising other stuff.. is it difficult? :confused:
yeah its on tuesday and i find module 5 rock hard n i dont even have time 2 revise 4 it as i have no days in between my exam! have u ever tried synoptic or module 5 paper?
kingpong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In short. Yes. CHM5 is generally regarded as the hardest paper of the lot, since it's a nasty A2 module + loads of synoptic elements.

I haven't done a huge amount so far, but since I took CHM2 & 3 this June that revision should help for the AS side of things.

It's the bloomin multiple choice you have to watch out for, some questions are pure evil.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah its on tuesday and i find module 5 rock hard n i dont even have time 2 revise 4 it as i have no days in between my exam! have u ever tried synoptic or module 5 paper?
Yeah same situation here. It's pretty crappy that I have my hardest exams right at the end, so the only last minute revision I could have done is at least a week prior to the exam itself (except for cramming this weekend).

How's everyone finding CHM4? It's not too bad in my opinion, just hope we don't get a too hard nmr question, hate 'em.
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingpong)
Yeah same situation here. It's pretty crappy that I have my hardest exams right at the end, so the only last minute revision I could have done is at least a week prior to the exam itself (except for cramming this weekend).

How's everyone finding CHM4? It's not too bad in my opinion, just hope we don't get a too hard nmr question, hate 'em.
im doing 4 5 6
im revising 4 at the moment i hope ill get a D in it coz im really crap at organic the only module i was good at was 1 coz there were loads of calculatation gt an A in it bt now i suck!!!!

i have physcs sinoptic on monday so ill only revise on monday night (... the whole bloody night)4 it
tammypotato
Rep:
?
In short. Yes. CHM5 is generally regarded as the hardest paper of the lot, since it's a nasty A2 module + loads of synoptic elements.

I haven't done a huge amount so far, but since I took CHM2 & 3 this June that revision should help for the AS side of things.

It's the bloomin multiple choice you have to watch out for, some questions are pure evil.
do u know how long we have for the synoptic paper?
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im doing 4 5 6
im revising 4 at the moment i hope ill get a D in it coz im really crap at organic the only module i was good at was 1 coz there were loads of calculatation gt an A in it bt now i suck!!!!

i have physcs sinoptic on monday so ill only revise on monday night (... the whole bloody night)4 it
I flunked chemistry with a D last year so had to retake the lot, chem5/6 totally screwed me over.

Unlucky to have another exam next week, particularly synoptic, that's major bad luck, it'll be 24/7 chemistry for me this weekend.
jay9386
Report 15 years ago
hehe ive got a full week to revise chem no more exams till tuesday. Goto go through all of mod4 again after doin it in january cant remember ne of it. i think mod6 is the hardest really...never have time to finish and the questions r very tricky.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
do u know how long we have for the synoptic paper?
2 hours for chem 5 (partly synoptic)
1 hour for multiple choice (everything)
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by jay9386)
hehe ive got a full week to revise chem no more exams till tuesday. Goto go through all of mod4 again after doin it in january cant remember ne of it. i think mod6 is the hardest really...never have time to finish and the questions r very tricky.
yeha bt u can just pick a question and it might b right bt for muodule 4 and 5 if u dont know the stuff u r definitly going to fail
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone know when afternoon exams start? All mine have been morning so far.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone know when afternoon exams start? All mine have been morning so far.
1:30 normally. The exam board knows how hard everyone finds module 5, so they boost your marks accordingly. Module 6 is easy (especially the cryptic second section - answer A if 1 + 3 are correct and an equinox approaches on a day beginning with M) if you don't think about them too hard. If you ponder for long enough, you can manage to twist everything so that it sounds correct - just learn to rule out quickly and ruthlessly because your gut instinct is often right.

Ben
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ben.S..i know its hard to say..but what do u think i would need for about 100 UMS / 120 on the paper ?
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ben.S..i know its hard to say..but what do u think i would need for about 100 UMS / 120 on the paper ?
The average for an A on a Chem5 paper is about 80 looking over last 4 papers. Highest its been was 87 well below the lowset 75. So what ever the papers like UMS should give a nice helping hand.
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anderson)
The average for an A on a Chem5 paper is about 80 looking over last 4 papers. Highest its been was 87 well below the lowset 75. So what ever the papers like UMS should give a nice helping hand.
:eek:was there only 172 person entered for module 5?http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-Jan04.pdf
Anderson
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:eek:was there only 172 person entered for module 5?http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-Jan04.pdf
Well how many people would have wanted to do Unit5 in Jan
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anderson)
Well how many people would have wanted to do Unit5 in Jan
loadsss lol ....
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know - last year you needed 95/120 for 120 UMS.

Ben
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tell me about it..I have physics synoptic on monday and chem is a definite requirement for me...so far managed revising unit 5 by studying 12 pages a night but can't find any time to revise the synoptic stuff......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (61)
52.14%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.97%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (29)
24.79%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.56%

Watched Threads