The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Shiv is Light
Screw your parents. If you love this man and see yourself having a future with him you should continue seeing him. If you are financially stable don't go back to youre parents. Think about it, your dad is a polygmist and your mother is perfectly fine with that. Would you want a husband like that? Its time people letgo of old fashioned tradititions and start living their lives. Good luck to you! :smile:

its funny how you guys have a problem with a muslim man have multiple wives but yet find it perfectly normal when about 100 nuns claim theyre married to God

makes no sense
Original post by Najmac
its funny how you guys have a problem with a muslim man have multiple wives but yet find it perfectly normal when about 100 nuns claim theyre married to God

makes no sense

I'm not Christian and yeah i think that is fine cause that God isn't having sex with all those nuns and having kids with them! Anyway being married to God is probably more metaphorical but lets be honest all religions are incredibly metaphorical and we take them too seriously.
Original post by Anonymous
Youve got to remember your a Muslim and the reason that your parents dont want you with him is because he is not a Muslim. Its haraam and it says it in the Quran its forbidden. Your parents arnt playing the bad cops as they are doing whats best for you. maybe you should ask a person on knowledge and they can recommend you what to do instead of people
on here. Just make dua

'Doing whats best for you'

You are implying that it is bad to be in a relationship with this guy simply because he Is a white non Muslim. Please say I'm wrong.
Original post by Najmac

makes no sense

Lmao don't even try to compare the two. God isn't a real, physical person they're married to.
Youve got to remember your a Muslim and the reason that your parents dont want you with him is because he is not a Muslim. Its haraam and it says it in the Quran its forbidden. Your parents arnt playing the bad cops as they are doing whats best for you. maybe you should ask a person on knowledge and they can recommend you what to do instead of people on here. Just make dua

It actually isn't haram, you can marry someone who isn't Muslim but when you have children they have to be raised as Muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once you are financially independent then run away if you really want to so if it doesn't work with your boyfriend, you be able to look after yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Najmac
You bring in verses from the Qur'an without learning the context behind each verse. In no place in the Qur'an does it say to strike a non believer for no reason. Read the definition of each surah or lectures by scholars that you will find on youtube and then realise that there is no threat towards non-believers until they pose a threat or physically harm muslims.

Right on bruv !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all... Here goes.

I'm in love with a non- Muslim, he's white and I cannot see myself with anyone but him.

My parents:
My mum is a strict Muslim and prays five times a day, I can't talk to her about anything and I don't really have much of a personal relationship with my mum as she's very quick to judge and doesn't like listening.

My dad married again in Pakistan but is still married to my mum and she seems to be okay with it but I'm totally against it. He's always messing about and I know he does things that he's not supposed to be doing but when it comes to his daughters he becomes this strict hitler type of man and you can't actually talk to him either.

My older sister is the golden child and has done everything perfectly in life and has married a Muslim guy and my parents think the sun shines out of her arse.

My younger sister is kind of like me but no attention is thrown at her because I'm always under the spotlight for " bad child "

Me: I'm 24, final year at uni, I like to go out and enjoy myself, I don't commit crimes and I just like to live my life... and my boyfriend is 31 and is a well established business man with great values and personality - except he isn't Muslim.

Long story short : I told my aunties about him and they seemed okay with it at the time until all hell broke loose and she told my mum. Mum said she would disown me if I ever went near him again and that she would die of shame if anyone else were to find out.
( my dad still doesn't know but I reckon he would flip out too.)

I had a massive argument with my aunties and I cut all extended family off because of their negativity and racist behaviour towards it all.

Till this day it's depressing me day by day as I'm being watched on my every move... And it's come to a point where I just want to run away and that's what il do... But that means I can't return ... Ever.

Has anyone felt this way before? What shall I do ?!

What's him being white got to do with anything? Is it dating halal if it's a guy the same colour as you?
not exactly, but for your understanding let's say so.

also, at the time of committing zina one's faith leaves their soul/body and "dangles above their head" until the deed is finished it returns, so at the time of fornication you are not even muslim - she will basically spend the rest of her life committing zina with this guy since the marriage won't be valid in Islam....

:/
First i would have to ask u questions
are u yourself religious ? if yh try to convert him

How long have u been with him?

Does he believe in God what religion does he belong to?

This is a very tough situation for u

u have a choice
God or that man

U choose God u will get reward
u choose Man over God u have disobeyed your master.
U choose .

I know how u feel but before anything u need to speak to him about religion before speaking to your parents. If he dont know much about Islam I can speak to him as i know Islam inside out or u could get some imam or someone who u know that is knowledgeable in Islam .

If the man converted but didnt really believe so faked it but u didnt know he faked it so u think hes muslim and he says he is Muslim then u can get married to him. As God will judge him.

I feel sorry for u but pray to God sincerely he will guide u to his ways he could be testing u now do u choose me or that man so sit back and reflect.
(edited 8 years ago)
And again, the fictitious book tries to make people's lives more difficult purposelessly.
Original post by 4 al-Quds dayz
Is it not?

It's just, in Islam, marrying and divorcing is actually extremely easy, like buying a new car, you don't like that one any more, too many miles in the clock, take it to the local dealer and switch for a newer model.

If anything Desi culture is more kind to women because they have nice dresses and really special weddings as opposed to Islam which is brutally austere.

What do you think she means by messing around ? I assumed going out clubbing or with other women, thats what I mean that Islam does not teach that.
To all these people advising you to make him convert... What a terrible, selfish and sadistic idea!!
Your parents genuinely believe they are helping you but in this case they are wrong. Move out, get your own place and show them that you make the decisions from now on.
Original post by muzi786
First i would have to ask u questions
are u yourself religious ? if yh try to convert him

How long have u been with him?

Does he believe in God what religion does he belong to?

This is a very tough situation for u

u have a choice
God or that man

U choose God u will get reward
u choose Man over God u have disobeyed your master.
U choose .

I know how u feel but before anything u need to speak to him about religion before speaking to your parents. If he dont know much about Islam I can speak to him as i know Islam inside out or u could get some imam or someone who u know that is knowledgeable in Islam .

If the man converted but didnt really believe so faked it but u didnt know he faked it so u think hes muslim and he says he is Muslim then u can get married to him. As God will judge him.

I feel sorry for u but pray to God sincerely he will guide u to his ways he could be testing u now do u choose me or that man so sit back and reflect.

Choose the dunya or the hereafter.
I know which one the majority of people will choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't sound like you have much to lose by leaving your family, OP. They don't sound like they offer you much love, affection, support, or understanding.

There is nothing wrong with being with someone you love, whatever their race or religion. Don't let someone you love slip away from you because your family are backward. You're in your last year at university right? Have you started applying for jobs yet? Once you've got a job you'll have financial independence so you can leave home without being reliant upon your boyfriend.
Original post by Life_peer
I'm surprised no one screams ‘racism’ but apparently muslims can be prejudiced against the native population of the country they've invaded… :rolleyes:

It's like settling in a country, refusing to learn the language and only speaking to people who come from one's country of birth. Why the **** not just stay at home? :confused:

Wow - way to generalise?!

I have many friends whose parents do not speak good English - I can tell you this. It wasn't because they didn't want to... or because Islam says no you can't. I understood it was more of a cultural thing. The women were always at home back in their mother country and thus the culture or 'habit' stayed with them. Especially, when they move to areas occupied with people of the same culture. I have read the English version of the Quran - I am still failing to see where it states women should be at home? With Generations changing - once the older lot die... I can quite confiedntly say that the original mother tongue is going to die out.. and English will be the common language spoken within all communities and cultures.

I personally, learnt Arabic around GCSE time - and I hope to speak Arabic at home if i was to ever have children - why? Not because I am ignorant - but because English is an easy language.... it took me forever to learn Arabic and even when I travel to Arabic speaking countries - I realise I am not as good as i thought I was!

To each their own.
But its ok to leave everything she has her parents sister aunties her entire family whilst the boyfriend doesn't sacrifice anything... Double standards much its a lose lose situation running off no matter how happy because she's a Muslim she knows its a sin and then she loses her family as well no matter how bad she portrays them we don't know if she's saying this to justify going with her boyfriend or if she resents them for no reason. No one can answer this properly because no one knows the situation personally
Hi all... Here goes.

I'm in love with a non- Muslim, he's white and I cannot see myself with anyone but him.

My parents:
My mum is a strict Muslim and prays five times a day, I can't talk to her about anything and I don't really have much of a personal relationship with my mum as she's very quick to judge and doesn't like listening.

My dad married again in Pakistan but is still married to my mum and she seems to be okay with it but I'm totally against it. He's always messing about and I know he does things that he's not supposed to be doing but when it comes to his daughters he becomes this strict hitler type of man and you can't actually talk to him either.

My older sister is the golden child and has done everything perfectly in life and has married a Muslim guy and my parents think the sun shines out of her arse.

My younger sister is kind of like me but no attention is thrown at her because I'm always under the spotlight for " bad child "

Me: I'm 24, final year at uni, I like to go out and enjoy myself, I don't commit crimes and I just like to live my life... and my boyfriend is 31 and is a well established business man with great values and personality - except he isn't Muslim.

Long story short : I told my aunties about him and they seemed okay with it at the time until all hell broke loose and she told my mum. Mum said she would disown me if I ever went near him again and that she would die of shame if anyone else were to find out.
( my dad still doesn't know but I reckon he would flip out too.)

I had a massive argument with my aunties and I cut all extended family off because of their negativity and racist behaviour towards it all.

Till this day it's depressing me day by day as I'm being watched on my every move... And it's come to a point where I just want to run away and that's what il do... But that means I can't return ... Ever.

Has anyone felt this way before? What shall I do ?!

This is very simple.

A man is temporary in this life.... This isn't from a Muslim standpoint. More from a believing in God standpoint.

A man comes and goes.... what you may perceive as love... can be something else in a year or two or even ten.

God's love for this believers is eternal. This life and the next. It may not be a sexual or affectionate type of love. But it is the greatest love as there is no superficial lining to it.

I would never choose a man over my family... and better yet.. I would never choose a man over God. God hears what is in my heart when no one else knows. A man is just another body. There is only one God... there are plenty of men.

Additionally - you must think about your future. How do you want to raise future children? It is worth putting your mother and father through so much pain and 'dishonour' for a man? Your mother carried you for 9 months and raised you into a smart and beautiful young lady. Give her the respect back. Sometimes what we think is great - isn't great at all... it's our mind playing games on us.

Only you can make this decision.

Good luck.
This post is so racist, your muslim and you can't marry a white?
Shouldn't it be you are muslim and you can't marry a non muslim?
Also you can get white muslims!
So are your parents objecting as he is not muslim or he is white?

Latest

Trending

Trending