Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.comauk.com

Hey guys, just checked out the website myself and really looks good! I personally e-mailed them and decided the're original. If they do half of what they say then this may just be what we need- a shortcut into medicine!

My college is already arranging a group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochastic)

Hey guys, just checked out the website myself and really looks good! I personally e-mailed them and decided the're original. If they do half of what they say then this may just be what we need- a shortcut into medicine!

My college is already arranging a group.

Lol!! If you believe there is such a thing as a 'shortcut into medicine', you should bottle it and sell it - you'll be a millionaire within months!!!

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness though - I would be interested to know a) how you find the course and b) where it leaves you in a years time.

Yielding from Sutton Coldfield myself, I'm a bit dubious about the address... not in the best of areas, which I agree does not make it a scam, and also not registered at Companies House...

also not in Oxbridge - where the organises are all medical students..

Hmm... You're not an Oxbridge medic are you? I always get a little suspicious when we gain a new user who goes stright in for the advertising kill!

ReputationRep:
    Had to call my friend up 2 interrogate him, and this is what I can say;

1.Good point: 'There is no shortcut to medicine'- I appreciate this, and think I didn't express myself well. I shd have said, 'gettin into medicine made easier' or smthin like dat, u get my drift!

2. No, I'm not an Oxbridge medic but a family friend is and is involved! so u cud say i was pluggin it 4 him! But really just wanted 2 share the news

3. I totally understand ur apprehension, I wud be the same 2 if I didn't kno someone involved. Apparently it is not a money-grabbin scheme but a good-hearted initiative by a group of thotful medics to help people coming the same way.

4. To re-inforce the above point, they say they are currently looking for sponsorship so they can do it for FREE! But meanwhile the're chargin only a token fee, to cover costs.

5. Sutton coldfield: They say the address is convenient as several of them live there, and using a College address wouldn't be sensible for the summer.

6. Companies House: They say they are in the process of registering the 'company', if you call it that.

7. Credibility: If all this doesn't convince you (I sure am convinced), then try this- they are in the process of getting a CURRENT Oxbridge College admissions tutor involved to answer questions directly on the day!

Sorry 4 d long post, but thot i shd clarify thins, pls try it out for urself (even if only just to ask questions). This is just a group of oxbridge medics tryin 2 do somethin 2 help, don't personally c nethin wrong wif that. I'm suprised it hasn't been done earlier.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.