Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just as the title says really. What's your opinions on this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'd class it as cheating, but I don't think it's right because it's still you leading someone on when you're not available and you'd end up hurting your partner and the person you're flirting with; it's disrespectful, in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No lol.
    Some people have a naturally flirtatious attitude even if they're in a relationship- that doesn't insinuate that they're cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the intent behind it, if it's clear that the people involved are doing it in a way that they are attracted to one another then yes, probably. But 'flirting' can just be cheeky banter lol which I don't think counts

ReputationRep:
    What counts as cheating? Kissing? Sex? Well you could say it has to be physical for it to be cheating. Well then what about hugs, kisses on cheek, even a peck on the lips is exchanged by friends in some cultures. What if someone kisses you, and in the moment you kiss them back? Is it still cheating if you don't initiate it? What if you're drunk and not fit to making proper judgement? Is it still cheating? Is play fighting ok? What about in their bedroom?

So confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayDaniels16)
    Just as the title says really. What's your opinions on this?
    I class it as banter with the intent to cheat.

Sentence is death by poisonous caterpillar.

ReputationRep:
    No but it would make me question my relationship

ReputationRep:
    i used flirting as a huge part of my sales patter to female customers and my partner would have to live with it as i can't afford to do anything if i'm not able to sell

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the context in my opinion. Being casually flirty with a till girl you'll never see again, fine. Flirting with a female colleague, also fine as long as a) it's only at work and you're not continuing it by text/other means outside of work and b) she knows my theoretical boyfriend is in a relationship, happy and not interested in anyone else.

I think that's a happy medium between "meh, do what you want" and "OMG YOU MADE EYE CONTACT WITH ANOTHER BEARER OF BOOBS".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find it to be very foolish behaviour but at the same time I am jealous because I know it often leads to fanny for people who can do it.

ReputationRep:
    i guess its subjective. for a person it may be a deal breaker but for another its nothing

ReputationRep:
    I like to define cheating as something that you wouldn't openly tell your partner.

If you feel like you should keep something a secret, then clearly you're hitting / passing boundaries.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.