Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2016 GCSE/A2 exams easier or harder? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so since this is the last year following this spec before they reform gcse and a levels do you think exam boards will make exams extra hard or be lazy and lenient

ReputationRep:
    I was also thinking about this! I have a ominous feeling that they will be super hard this year so that they will have better data to show next year to show that the new system is in fact better.
    I do hope that it will be easier. On the other hand if it is easier then the grade boundaries will be higher. Conflicting. Mentioning that the GCSE year is the millennium year do you think they will do something harder for us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I was also thinking about this! I have a ominous feeling that they will be super hard this year so that they will have better data to show next year to show that the new system is in fact better.
    I do hope that it will be easier. On the other hand if it is easier then the grade boundaries will be higher. Conflicting. Mentioning that the GCSE year is the millennium year do you think they will do something harder for us?
    I'm really unsure I kind of thought they'd be lenient on us because were the last year so whats the point making a really hard paper? and also last years papers were really hard so I thought they'd go easy on us but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    This years exams will be infinitely harder than any exams that have been sat in the last ten years. Be prepared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    so since this is the last year following this spec before they reform gcse and a levels do you think exam boards will make exams extra hard or be lazy and lenient
    I would definitely say harder which is very annoying (for A2) simply because the amount of suggest and applying questions is becoming worse each year so i feel this years paper will be full of application rather than the recall and testing stuff on the spec. Whats the point asking questions that is so far linked it could be applied to various concepts and the exam boards want you to "suggest" a reasonable answer which in theory should mean anything that is relevant is correct but obviously this isnt the case. And as usual there is only one or two answers they were actually looking for. Ranting but i just feel OCR AQA are going to be complete D heads.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really unsure I kind of thought they'd be lenient on us because were the last year so whats the point making a really hard paper? and also last years papers were really hard so I thought they'd go easy on us but I'm not sure
    I did core science last year. Chem and Biology were quite easy. Physics on the other hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I did core science last year. Chem and Biology were quite easy. Physics on the other hand.
    On the contrary I found it to be the opposite. I do triple science so I did all of biology last year B1 was horrible but after recently doing the P1 paper in class as a past paper I found it really easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    This years exams will be infinitely harder than any exams that have been sat in the last ten years. Be prepared.
    what makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    what makes you say that?
    Dude you are scaring me.
    I bet you my life will fail

ReputationRep:
    i feel like the AS retakes are gonna be really hard cos it's only us A2 students who are retaking that are sitting them
    as for the actual A2 exams
    i hope they're easy ;_; pleaseeeeeeeeeee T_T
    i dont wanna spend like 2 years retaking everything

ReputationRep:
    lmao prob to show what they're capable of x'DD

ReputationRep:
    what makes you say that?
    Perhaps I myself am someone who creates these exams.

ReputationRep:
    oh that makes sense an examiners here!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Doubt it

ReputationRep:
    I made a conscious decision not to resit because the trend and theme has been synoptic and suggest with lots of application. Because it's a resit paper they'll probably ask you stuff from like a2 lol or some weird type of experiment or example

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    honestly I only just started revising and I'm reading this.. now I'm super scared :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I'm doing GCSE this year and I hope to god they aren't going to be idiots and make the exams really hard.

ReputationRep:
    I am sh***** myself.

ReputationRep:
    OH GOD HELP ME!! Dont lie r u really an examiner?? :P

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.