Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl making the first move Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I mean is it okay? I feel like I always make the first move and idk if it's weird. I mean first move as in ask a guy out for a drink or something.

Also how well do you have to know them for it to be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is, more girls should be like you!

P.S. What is with your signature?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it at all, I'm also someone who often makes the first move. I think it's great to take the pressure off men for once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Of course it is, more girls should be like you!

P.S. What is with your signature?
    It's mesmerising.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I want and I go for it. If the guy is making all the moves in the beginning then it usually means I'm not into him but too polite to say no. Even though my ex was the one ask me out, I was the one who first started talking to him and exchanging contact details cuz i thought he looked like a nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Rad. It's definitely okay, and its very attractive when a girl is assertive and is the one to make the first move.

If I have to keep making all the first moves or initiating with a girl I lose interest very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Guys generally like it when you make the first move, but I guess many girls like guys making the first move too. It's fine!

ReputationRep:
    its cliche that guys have to make the first move

ReputationRep:
    It is better for a man to make the first move...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendairy)
    It is better for a man to make the first move...
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Why?
    Men take rejection much better than women

ReputationRep:
    I mean is it okay? I feel like I always make the first move and idk if it's weird. I mean first move as in ask a guy out for a drink or something.

Also how well do you have to know them for it to be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

Now bend over and take your penance.

ReputationRep:
    Yes its better than ok. I wish more girls would do it, because half the time they're sending mixed messages and I havent a clue what they want. I'd rather they just said so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendairy)
    Men take rejection much better than women
    Really? The men I know don't at all haha.
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    No.

Now bend over and take your penance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really? The men I know don't at all haha.
    In general it is the case that men take rejection better than women because men are accustomed to being the ones that make the initial move, where rejection is likely to occur, and hence are better at dealing with it. Probably one of the key reasons that a lot of men will seemingly try their chances with a large number of women is that the chances of one accepting his advances is higher, and this therefore reduces the pain associated with rejection from the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    In general it is the case that men take rejection better than women because men are accustomed to being the ones that make the initial move, where rejection is likely to occur, and hence are better at dealing with it. Probably one of the key reasons that a lot of men will seemingly try their chances with a large number of women is that the chances of one accepting his advances is higher, and this therefore reduces the pain associated with rejection from the rest.
    You make it sound so scientific :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go after what you want.

That is confident and sexy.

If a guy can't cope with this then he is not worth your time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.