Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone tell me what sort of scores you need to be getting on level 2 & 3 TMA's to get a 2:1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny1610)
    Hi, can anyone tell me what sort of scores you need to be getting on level 2 & 3 TMA's to get a 2:1?
    70-84.9% is a 2:1 score. But level 2 and 3 are weighted differently and for some modules the TMA scores don't even count towards the final grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCat007)
    70-84.9% is a 2:1 score. But level 2 and 3 are weighted differently and for some modules the TMA scores don't even count towards the final grade.
    Thank you for your reply. I was thinking it was over 85 so that's good to know. I'm doing English Language and Literature. I'm still on level 1 at the moment so will see what the weighting is when I start at level 2.

ReputationRep:
    im doing my degree with the OU too. Ive heard that the TMA scores dont go towards the classification. only the EMA scores do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    im doing my degree with the OU too. Ive heard that the TMA scores dont go towards the classification. only the EMA scores do?
    Depends on the module. Older ones tend to run with the mark scheme that you have to reach a threshold in both the OCAS (assignments) and OES (Exam or EMA) to get a grade. Some newer modules it's only based on the OES final score. It should say in the module descriptions.

Then overall for the degree classification you just need to pass level 1, it's not used to work out overall degree class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny1610)
    Thank you for your reply. I was thinking it was over 85 so that's good to know. I'm doing English Language and Literature. I'm still on level 1 at the moment so will see what the weighting is when I start at level 2.
    That's for a first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.