Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinions on my crush's behaviour...?please? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and have literally just had my first crush. I met him 2 years ago and it has been constant banter since, but he had a girlfriend to begin with so it was never more than friends.

This year, maybe two weeks ago, I 'heard' he was dropping out of university but I hadn't seen him to question it and he doesn't have social networking like Facebook (he has a form of anxiety). Anyway, my heart dropped, and I just couldn't get to grips with the thought of not seeing him again- which is when I realized, you know.

Over the last year he keeps asking me what I like (what I LIKE- please don't make me say it, but he has never...you know),and keeps asking me what my type is.

Everyone makes fun of me because he follows me around like a dog but I'm not his type and I worry we really are just friends. I want to tell him but I literally can not pull him away from his best friend, who I don't get along with.

But if others are noticing.... Sometimes he sits and stares at me all day and never says a word. But i'm SERIOUSLY the polar opposite of his type. His other friend told me he thinks he likes me and that I'm the reason he broke off with his girlfriend but I'm just not sure he's right. He's very young in the head.

Also his parent is disabled so he never really comes out to socialize on weekends because he gives his dad a break from caring for his mum. Which is cute.

Can you fall in love with the type of person you've previously called unnatractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    I'm 19 and have literally just had my first crush. I met him 2 years ago and it has been constant banter since, but he had a girlfriend to begin with so it was never more than friends.

This year, maybe two weeks ago, I 'heard' he was dropping out of university but I hadn't seen him to question it and he doesn't have social networking like Facebook (he has a form of anxiety). Anyway, my heart dropped, and I just couldn't get to grips with the thought of not seeing him again- which is when I realized, you know.

Over the last year he keeps asking me what I like (what I LIKE- please don't make me say it, but he has never...you know),and keeps asking me what my type is.

Everyone makes fun of me because he follows me around like a dog but I'm not his type and I worry we really are just friends. I want to tell him but I literally can not pull him away from his best friend, who I don't get along with.

But if others are noticing.... Sometimes he sits and stares at me all day and never says a word. But i'm SERIOUSLY the polar opposite of his type. His other friend told me he thinks he likes me and that I'm the reason he broke off with his girlfriend but I'm just not sure he's right. He's very young in the head.

Also his parent is disabled so he never really comes out to socialize on weekends because he gives his dad a break from caring for his mum. Which is cute.

Can you fall in love with the type of person you've previously called unnatractive?
    So you fancy him and he fancies you? That's the perfect combination, go for it! The worst thing that happens is you try it and it doesn't work out but that's better than never knowing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    So you fancy him and he fancies you? That's the perfect combination, go for it! The worst thing that happens is you try it and it doesn't work out but that's better than never knowing
    I know you're right but hes just so quiet and anxious all the time, and imensley socially awkward and i just don't want to put him in an uncomfortable situation- i guess i should be asking how can i encourage him to make the first move or let him know that i like him without actually saying it, although i have said any girl would be lucky to have him and that he's gorgeous, he just blushes and strokes me like a cat.

ReputationRep:
    You don't seem in any doubt, and you shouldn't be. It's clear cut. To answer your question though, yes. I could describe my ideal person, but I still end up liking all types of people. I recall last year meeting someone and taking a dislike to them immediately based on their "type", but very quickly we had actually clicked, and yeah...

Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're right but hes just so quiet and anxious all the time, and imensley socially awkward and i just don't want to put him in an uncomfortable situation- i guess i should be asking how can i encourage him to make the first move or let him know that i like him without actually saying it, although i have said any girl would be lucky to have him and that he's gorgeous, he just blushes and strokes me like a cat.
    Well it's up to you, but if he does want a relationship you sound like the perfect person, there's no problem with just talking to him about it anyway and you obviously care about him as well

ReputationRep:
    Im just going to have to grow some! Thanks guys you have no idea how much your replies mean, i'm not a soppy person so this is all new to me.

My plan is to tell the biggest gossip in uni first, so by the time i tell him- he might finish my sentence

ReputationRep:
    Im just going to have to grow some! Thanks guys you have no idea how much your replies mean, i'm not a soppy person so this is all new to me.

My plan is to tell the biggest gossip in uni first, so by the time i tell him- he might finish my sentence
    Aw I hope it goes well, update us OP!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.