Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exams interfering with my plans to work at an American summer camp? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my AS levels this year but I really want to work in an American summer camp in the summer of 2017. I will use an agency like Americamp or Camp America however, I see that most camps would require you to be in America by the 15th of June to start the orientation/training but I am looking at the end dates of the A2 exams this year so I can get an idea of the times that I will be available and there are some exams that I will have to take next year that are being sat as late as the 28th of June..... I've seen that people have recommended being a counsellor in a Canadian Camp because it starts later but the agency I was looking at (Camp Canada) requires you to be 19- I will be 18 next summer. Has anyone else been able to work at an American summer camp after their A2 exams? If so, what was your experience at planning it before you even knew your exam time table?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.