Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

My phone recently has been acting strange. It's a Huawei Ascend 7 model phone I got almost two years ago.
    Twice already, the phone suddenly plays a message tone that I never set myself. It's so random that I jump when the phone just shouts out, "Messaggee!!" in a weird high pitched voice. I am not kidding you.. this message tone does not exist on my phone and is not installed, so there is no way I could have picked it. I have checked through all the tones in my phone settings, and have checked through my installed apps (Snapchat, Messenger, Skype, IMO, Whatsapp and Viber) but none of them were set to this particular tone and there is no option to. It's quite freaky and I was wondering if this could possibly be a virus?

I hope someone can help me with this. I was thinking of resetting my phone to its default factory setting in case it is infected.

Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No idea, but I would 100% just reset the phone to factory settings and start again. It is inconvenient but not a terrible thing to do anyway. You've also reminded me that I've not re-installed my OS on my PC for a while so should probably do so soon.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.