Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HSBC first year summer internship Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherinemaii)
    Just wondering if there is any tests that we have to complete before getting a telephone interview?
    Yes 3 tests I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Yes 3 tests I believe.
    Hey, I've submitted my application but still haven't been asked to do any tests. How long did it take for you to get a response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci16)
    Hey, I've submitted my application but still haven't been asked to do any tests. How long did it take for you to get a response?
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for this programme and signed contract.

ReputationRep:
    Same here!
    Have you heard anything since from HSBC?

Still haven't been asked to complete any tests...

ReputationRep:
    Me too. But I just received an email from them, saying that they are still considering our application. Maybe we will get a test when they satisfy with us?
    Have you heard anything since from HSBC?

Still haven't been asked to complete any tests...

ReputationRep:
    Me too. But I just received an email from them, saying that they are still considering our application. Maybe we will get a test when they satisfy with us?
    Yeh I got that as well, I feel like i should have applied earlier. I reckon they haven't read our applications yet as well. However, in the email they did say they would maybe contact us via email/telephone.

What uni are you at btw?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I got that as well, I feel like i should have applied earlier. I reckon they haven't read our applications yet as well. However, in the email they did say they would maybe contact us via email/telephone.

What uni are you at btw?
    Yup, should have applied earlier T.T I'm in university of Manchester. Feel like we are not likely to get in...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, should have applied earlier T.T I'm in university of Manchester. Feel like we are not likely to get in...
    Yup I feel this way as well... I've seen that they've already offered a lot of the places for the programme. At least we'll hopefully not make the same mistake next year and apply a lot earlier for these kind of programmes.

ReputationRep:
    I had interview last wednesday and I have not heard back anything from them. Does this mean I got rejected?. How long they normally take to reply back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre for HSBC first year summer internship? I have mine on the 17th.
    Hey, I was at this assessment centre as well! How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they will contact you in advance to arrange the telephone interview time or they just call you?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I feel this way as well... I've seen that they've already offered a lot of the places for the programme. At least we'll hopefully not make the same mistake next year and apply a lot earlier for these kind of programmes.
    I'm from UoM as well! Which stage are you at now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenixc)
    I wonder if they will contact you in advance to arrange the telephone interview time or they just call you?
    They email you in advance for you to select a time (iicr), no surprises!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from UoM as well! Which stage are you at now?
    Haha I'm not at UoM, it's @katherinemaii that is.

Submitted application, still haven't heard anything since... not even done any sjt tests. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject1)
    They email you in advance for you to select a time (iicr), no surprises!
    Oh that's nice! I was worrying about the surprise call. Thanks for telling me

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm not at UoM, it's @katherinemaii that is.

Submitted application, still haven't heard anything since... not even done any sjt tests. You?
    Sorry! I finished 2 online tests, don't know how many left, they just said that they're processing and will contact me in the couple of weeks. I submitted my application quite late, and I think they already offer lots of places to people who applied earlier. We'll see haha. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! I finished 2 online tests, don't know how many left, they just said that they're processing and will contact me in the couple of weeks. I submitted my application quite late, and I think they already offer lots of places to people who applied earlier. We'll see haha. Good luck with your application!
    Yeh I submitted my application on the day of the deadline so it's not looking likely I'm gonna get anything tbh haha, but good luck with your application as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. To be honest I don't think the paidsites are enough for practice. The questions are different from the actualassessment and it can be a waste of money. I have some VERY useful tips forpractice. Drop me a message if you need help.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what to say for the interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.