Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any Beauty Professionals/lovers....advice on natural tan, nails,eyebrows? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have extremely sensitive skin on my hands and suffer from broken skin under the nail frequently. My 'cuticles' are none existant and i do alot of manual work so my nails are extremely short- i just want normal 1cm nails, not too long or glamorous, any tips, advice etc?

How long roughly does it take YOU to catch a natural, noticable tan, how long does it last?

How can i get long flat and thick greek godess eyebrows that look like Luma Grothe's when mine look more thin and pointed like Angelina Jolie's?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Re: your nails - I take hair skin and nail suppliments and use strengthening polishes. There are lots to chose from out there. I love OPI but Sally Hansen do some good ones too.

I have never tanned. Ever.

Do you pluck your eyebrows? You can't encourage them to grow bigger but you can enhance them with extensions which I think are a little bizarre - to thicken them. Or use a decent pencil/gel combo. I love MAC eyebrow pencils. Lots of make up counters do makeovers for free. Give them a go1

ReputationRep:
    For nails, have you tried using a nail strengthener? You can get them quite cheap in places like boots, just paint it on like nail varnish and let it do its thing. I have a Sally Hansen one (miracle cure - blue bottle) and it's honestly amazing. Also have you tried a manicure recently?

Can't help on the other things though. As a child from a complete ginger family I don't tan, only burn. And my eyebrows? Well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Re: your nails - I take hair skin and nail suppliments and use strengthening polishes. There are lots to chose from out there. I love OPI but Sally Hansen do some good ones too.

I have never tanned. Ever.
    Do you pluck your eyebrows? You can't encourage them to grow bigger but you can enhance them with extensions which I think are a little bizarre - to thicken them. Or use a decent pencil/gel combo. I love MAC eyebrow pencils. Lots of make up counters do makeovers for free. Give them a go1
    I don't pluck my eyebrows because i did in highschool and they took ages to grow back! Yeah i think ill have to try my pencilling skills.

Thanks, i'll try this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxhc)
    For nails, have you tried using a nail strengthener? You can get them quite cheap in places like boots, just paint it on like nail varnish and let it do its thing. I have a Sally Hansen one (miracle cure - blue bottle) and it's honestly amazing. Also have you tried a manicure recently?

Can't help on the other things though. As a child from a complete ginger family I don't tan, only burn. And my eyebrows? Well...

I had my hair dyed ginger last year, it cost me £120. You're so lucky! And i think my nails are too short for a manicure?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.