Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Weight gain Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new here but basically I'm in year 11 and so obviously have my exams in May which I'm really nervous about but have been trying to revise as much as I can for as well as this I've been trying to lose weight one for myself and also our prom is after the exams but it's all backfiring with revision and everything I seem to be just binging and putting on weight !
    Does anyone have any tips or should I just try and majntain my weight and focus on losing the weight when my exams are over
    Also if anyone has any revision tips for GCSEs that would be so helpful as I feel like I'm revising loads and getting loads of notes but not actually learning X
    • Very Important Poster

Weight gain is to do with the amount you eat being less than the amount you burn. You have to eat slightly less than you burn to lose weight. You should try and eat good food incluing fruit, veg, complex carbs and protein. Iy helps if you get some kitchen scales and weigh your food. For the momen nt your exams are more importnat, but try and eat 5 80g portions of fruit and veg a day, whicch will help with nutrytuin as well as some protein like chciken and fish. This will enable you to get steady nutrytion and give you more energy than eating junk.

You could also do a bit of execise each day, o for a walk , run or swimming or bike ride.

Your real focus should be on the exams. As you are making notes, then the next stage is recall. gte past papers and do timed exam answers. that will help you test your ability to recall the right information you will need for essays. keep pracyising and you get better. vatoryu also stops you getting stale. Take a break and get good sleep.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Snack on healthier food like grapes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.