Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would love for someone to clear up whether the maintenance grants are abolished for those who are already undertaking a degree currently at Uni? Is it for EVERYONE or does it apply ONLY to new entrants as from September 2016?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    Would love for someone to clear up whether the maintenance grants are abolished for those who are already undertaking a degree currently at Uni? Is it for EVERYONE or does it apply ONLY to new entrants as from September 2016?
    Only new entrants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Only new entrants
    So as a 1st year student on a 4 year course I will still receive it in the years ahead? Awesome if so.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    So as a 1st year student on a 4 year course I will still receive it in the years ahead? Awesome if so.
    Yes
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    As long as you continue to meet the criteria for the grant, you'll continue to receive it. Any changes the government announces in regards to what uni students will receive, is for new students.

ReputationRep:
    What if I complete my first year and then transfer to another uni for my second year, will I be affected? It doesn't say anything about transferring students online :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.