(Original post by 408655)
    lmao i used to love this so bad when i was a kid
    Cringey song. :rofl:

You're Asian? :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    awwww you can talk to me whenever you want I'm a good listener
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Let's sing rihanna''s song together! Work Work Work work!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    same
    Aww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    :hello:
    😳😳😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Cringey song. :rofl:

You're Asian? :eek2:
    i am partially asian

are you?

ReputationRep:
    i am partially asian

are you?
    I am.

Which Asian country?

ReputationRep:
    I am.

Which Asian country?
    I am half Mauritian

I suppose Mauritius is not entirely part of the asian continent and is of course leaning more towards africa, however our culture and religious beliefs are particularly influenced by the Indian people - it is for this reason that we have a very similar way of life to them and we love pretty much everything to do with Bollywood

Where are you from then?

ReputationRep:
    I am half Mauritian

I suppose Mauritius is not entirely part of the asian continent and is of course leaning more towards africa, however our culture and religious beliefs are particularly influenced by the Indian people - it is for this reason that we have a very similar way of life to them and we love pretty much everything to do with Bollywood

Where are you from then?

Ooh nice, what's the other half?

Yeah I understand my friend is Mauritian. Although I don't think she listens to Bollywood music. She does seem to have the same culture.

I'm half Indian and half Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh nice, what's the other half?

Yeah I understand my friend is Mauritian. Although I don't think she listens to Bollywood music. She does seem to have the same culture.

I'm half Indian and half Pakistani.
    My other half is Italian

Well it is of course each to their own Though I am particularly a huge fan of Bollywood, one of my favourite films is An Evening in Paris! I love that movie

Do you have a favourite movie?

ReputationRep:
    My other half is Italian

Well it is of course each to their own Though I am particularly a huge fan of Bollywood, one of my favourite films is An Evening in Paris! I love that movie

Do you have a favourite movie?
    Oh wow, I've never come across someone with that mix before.

You probably know more than 3 languages then?

I don't think I have watched that film before. My favourite right now has to be Bajrangi Bhaijaan, have you seen it?

ReputationRep:
    I want to be your friend

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I've never come across someone with that mix before.

You probably know more than 3 languages then?

I don't think I have watched that film before. My favourite right now has to be Bajrangi Bhaijaan, have you seen it?
    Haha a lot of people say that I didn't spend much time in Italy as a child, instead I was living in Mauritius for most of my childhood until I came here to the UK
    So now I can speak english (obviously) and french, but my Italian is about intermediate (currently working on it)

Oh that movie is much more recent than mine What do you particularly like about it?

ReputationRep:
    Haha a lot of people say that I didn't spend much time in Italy as a child, instead I was living in Mauritius for most of my childhood until I came here to the UK
    So now I can speak english (obviously) and french, but my Italian is about intermediate (currently working on it)

Oh that movie is much more recent than mine What do you particularly like about it?
    Ahh, that's cool!

Italian is such a nice language to listen to. :rofl: French is a very useful language to learn. :yes:

I haven't watched the really old ones properly. So you understand Hindi then or do you watch the dubbed or subtitles ones? I think the whole story line is amazing, it has a really good meaning behind it. I cried a lot when I was watching it. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, that's cool!

Italian is such a nice language to listen to. :rofl: French is a very useful language to learn. :yes:

I haven't watched the really old ones properly. So you understand Hindi then or do you watch the dubbed or subtitles ones? I think the whole story line is amazing, it has a really good meaning behind it. I cried a lot when I was watching it. :laugh:
    Haha yes I love them both Do you speak hindi? Also where in India are you from? There are several cities in India & Sri Lanka which I have wanted to see for so long

I always use subtitles Perhaps I should watch the movie then, never seen it myself
    I really like Bollywood music from 1950/60s, especially the black and white ones!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes I love them both Do you speak hindi? Also where in India are you from? There are several cities in India & Sri Lanka which I have wanted to see for so long

I always use subtitles Perhaps I should watch the movie then, never seen it myself
    I really like Bollywood music from 1950/60s, especially the black and white ones!!
    I speak Hindi, currently learning to read and write it. I'm from Delhi. Ooh where would you like to visit in India and Sri Lanka?

You should! That film is amazing. Who's your favourite Actor/Actress?

I gotta say some black and white films are really cool, though when they're doing the cheesy stuff like hiding behind trees it get's a bit frustrating. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I speak Hindi, currently learning to read and write it. I'm from Delhi. Ooh where would you like to visit in India and Sri Lanka?

You should! That film is amazing. Who's your favourite Actor/Actress?

I gotta say some black and white films are really cool, though when they're doing the cheesy stuff like hiding behind trees it get's a bit frustrating. :rofl:
    Awesome Do you speak any other languages?

I have been looking to go to Agra (predominatly for the Taj Mahal), New delhi, Mumbai and Colombo. I just want to experience the lifestyle and culture, but also visit lots of attractions such as the hindu and buddhist temples, the elephant orphanages/sanctuaries and national parks. I do not have a specific location for each of these attractions because there are too many of them from what I have seen on the internet.

ooh I really like Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor Who are yours?

Lmao that's quite funny, I get what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Awesome Do you speak any other languages?

I have been looking to go to Agra (predominatly for the Taj Mahal), New delhi, Mumbai and Colombo. I just want to experience the lifestyle and culture, but also visit lots of attractions such as the hindu and buddhist temples, the elephant orphanages/sanctuaries and national parks. I do not have a specific location for each of these attractions because there are too many of them from what I have seen on the internet.

ooh I really like Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor Who are yours?

Lmao that's quite funny, I get what you mean
    I speak Urdu fluently and German at intermediate level, I can read and write both.

Agra is beautiful! I would highly recommend not to go there during the summer, it's so difficult to travel in that heat. :rofl: The temples are beautiful, though I haven't got the chance yet to go to the bigger ones. New Delhi is the best spot to discover the lifestyle and culture. If you're into visiting historic sites you should definitely visit the Red Fort, Qutb Minar and Humayun's Tomb.

Ahh I don't like Kartina. I wonder how many needles in her face. :laugh: My favorites are Deepika Padukone too and Varun Dhawan. :drool: This is generally for looks and their acting skills.

There's barely any family films in Bollywood nowadays. :cry2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.