Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at Oxford Brooke's in my first year and have found the night life here is absolutely dreadful. I'm not into chart music that plays at the cheesy clubs as i spent my last semester pushing myself to go and ending up back at Home earlier than 1 most nights. Im originally from London so used to clubs like Fabric or Xoyo etc if anyone has heard of them. Anything like that here?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Fabric and xoyo are great clubs and you wont find anything close to them at oxford, sorry
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Better off going to Birmingham if you want a decent night out.

Alternatively, if you want to get laid, MNB or Fuzzy Ducks...

ReputationRep:
    Oxfords nightlife is truly appalling. The only places worth going to are Purple Turtle + Cellar (on certain nights) however these places are mainly visited by Oxford Uni + locals.

If you feel this way now (like I did) I can only say it gets worse, much worse because in 2nd and 3rd year people go out less....

ReputationRep:
    Piers Gaveston ? You can meet some real party animals

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.